Sep 24, 2018

Re: [Feature Request] - AWARE mode for the QC35 ii

Hi Bose Team, 

Just suggestion, instead of existing feature

ANC HI - ANC LOW - ANC OFF

may modify to 

ANC ON - ANC OFF - AWARE MODE

with "remember" last setting

Frankly your AWARE mode as per https://www.bose.ae/en_ae/support/article/using-aware-mode-qc20i.html is a great feature, should add to already great QC35

Thank you

KrispyRen
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

The QC35 already does that when making phone calls so it should be easy to enable it for "on demand"

Also then have the ability to switch between NC and "aware". I don't think people use low/medium/high settings for noise cancellation. They either want it off or on.
Treaves
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

I agree with this.

Adding my voice to request aware mode. Gotta show support.

bolsillos5624
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2018

The Sony direct competition which costs the same amount has this feature! I agree that we need this in an update soon!
Risoba
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Definatelly must have feature. +1

Risoba
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Found many threads and comparison about "aware" function (not everybody call it aware).

Here is one review from Amazon, where client decided to go with specially because Sony has it:

Bose ® QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphone II (with Amazon Alexa), standard black

Bose QC 35 II vs. Sony MDR 1000X 
By Amazon Kunde on Jan 28, 2018 

Had the problem that I could not decide between the Bose QC 35 II and the Sony MDR 1000X. 

Short version: 
Bose QC 35 II perfect choice for frequent flyers, Sony MDR 1000X for people in the office / train. 

Bose QC is a bit better in Noise Canceling on the plane, the button operation is simple and the sound is very good as the Bose. Assistant over the button on the left shell works as desired. Bose QC is slightly easier to wear (subjectively depending on head shape, weight a bit lower, fabric feels "cooler"). Bose is more detailed in terms of announcements due to implemented voice control (battery to percent exactly, who calls as a contact / number, which device is connected to device names)

The Sony, on the other hand, had a bit more background noise without music, but you can not do that with music and it filters out a wider range (feels more isolated). 
Advantage of the Sony: Operation is faster and easier due to intuitive swiping gesture on the right handset. Various Ambient / Voice settings are extremely useful, as you can hide humming / wind noise and let speech through the built-in microphone (perfect for train announcements and short conversations on the plane). JOB DECISION on SONY also due to the interruption function - put your hand on your right ear cup -> Music is made quieter and voice is transmitted via microphone. This allows short communication with other people (train, colleagues on work, etc.).

CONCLUSION: Both TOP! Since I mostly use the headphones in the office, I have decided for Sony MDR 1000X. I am completely isolated, can communicate briefly with colleagues and if I want to let in principle votes."

ScribbleJ
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

I'm dying to upgrade from my now ancient Sony first-gen headphones to the Bose Quietcomfort 35 II headphones and this lack of what Sony calls "ambient sound" and Bose calls "AWARE" is the only reason I can't switch to the Bose.  Please, please tell us this will be in the next firmware upgrade.  I made an acount here just to beg for this feature.

Greg_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello ScribbleJ! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

As I am sure you have seen from previous posts in this thread, we have forwarded this feature request to engineering. We have no new developments to report at this time, however should that change we will share it here in the Community. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

wanobi
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

Hi Greg & Co.

You need to push this harder with the developers, and be the voice for the community, advising them of how necessary this feature was and even seek reprimands for such a gross oversight in the products development.

I honestly can't belive I've spent $400 in 2018 for a product that I assumed would have this, seeing as the QC20s do and your competition also already does too.
I think it's pretty poor form to be delaying the minor code change to make this possible. The hardware and the core functionality is already there, it just needs a toggle for the user to be able to control it.

Are we dealing with BOSE here or just some generic electronics company?

gamer1000k
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2018

I was debating between getting the Sony WH-1000xM3 or the Bose QC 35s. I was leaning towards the Sony devices specifically because of the Aware feature but ended up with the Bose since I found a great sale on them today at Costco that put them nearly $100 cheaper than the Sony headphones.

It's great to hear that other Bose headphones have this feature (and more than a little puzzling that their single most popular model doesn't have it available on demand), hopefully it will arrive soon via an update. Count my vote in for getting this feature ASAP.