Greg_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Re: Feature Request - QC35 Persistent ANC Setting

Hello bondyr,

I sympathize with your frustration. We pass all feature requests to the development teams for consideration and every person that asks increases the chance of it becoming reality. That being said, we typically do not expect to be notified until afterwards if/when a particular feature is implemented, or is even under consideration. There are a great many moving parts involved and it takes time to do it correctly and ensure the best experience possible. When we have new information to provide the Community, we generally do so very soon after receiving it. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

bondyr
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2018

Thank you for immediate response Greg.

Basically it means that there's no way to tell whether or when persistent ANC setting will be implemented.

It's hard to emphasize strong enough how disappointed I am.

I expected more by such a great brand.

Keeping fingers crossed that you'll find a way though.

Lukasz.

shadowdmn13
Participant
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

I'm just amazed that this has been one of the most common forum topics for over a year now and we still have no updates on such a basic feature request.

jbs
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

It isn't a 'feature' request though, is it?

This is a noise cancellation headphone that cannot remember how much noise it is supposed to cancel. That's a bug in my opinion. So let's not elevate a hygiene factor to a 'feature' request.

Now, it's been over a year since this easily-fixable issue has been reported and it is yet to be resolved.

I sincerely & strongly believe Bose is well within its rights to not resolve this glaring & mass-annoying bug.

But I also believe that as customers, if we are not happy with either the product or with Bose's obvious lack of intent to solve such a basic issue for over a year, we are within our rights and in fact encouraged by Bose to return our purchase, switch to a different product and/or discourage others from buying Bose headphones due to poor software & support.

Bose clearly still believes that headphones are only about hardware. All I can say is good luck. In 2018, when companies do not listen, customers don't mope. They walk.

adamfrancombe
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2018

I would like to add my vote for this feature, I turn off NC because I prefer the sound signature, it has a more rounded EQ which seems to have more mid, less harsh treble in my opinion.

I turn this feature off EVERY TIME I connect my lovely favourite headphone, please add a remember function so even if it only turns it off automatically when connected to my phone, at least it remembers. That would be awesome.

jazzofilus
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

"we are within our rights and in fact encouraged by Bose to return our purchase"

How? I find that at such a price point, there is no excuse to have this lack of customer support, especially for a fixable issue like this one. 

"discourage others from buying Bose headphones due to poor software & support".

I am in for this alternative if I do not find a solution, we could potentially do a concerted action.

Gaddsticks
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

How is this not a feature? I just bought my q35s and am very disappointed you can't set the default noise cancellation setting. Who would ever want the default to be maximum noise cancellation every single time they put on their headphones? That just seems like it would be one of the most common sense basic features.

mmm2000
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2018

Dear Bose:

A few facts about my experience with QC35.

How long?  Had them for 15 months.

How many times do I use them? Average 1 to 2 hours pe day. With around 10 on/off cycles.

How many times do I actually opt to use ANC?  around once a month.

How many times have I had to go into the Bose app and disable ANC? 10 times/day*15months*30days.

That is a good 4500 times.

Thanks Bose. Wish I knew ANC was forced on us like this. Would have made a different purchase. Such great headphones, ruined by this ANC and lack of cutomer service.

This forum is just for Bose to pretend they care about their cutomers. But clearly they don't listen.

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

Thank you all for posting in regards to this feature request.

I can assure you this has been passed along to development. 

If there is any new news or updates, we'll let the community know.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support