jponte
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 24, 2017

Feature Request - QC35 Persistent ANC Setting

Great feature tanx Bose

BUT

when i tuirn off and turn on again the QC35 the noise cancelling goes back at high i.e. it doesnt save whatever option you choose.

Are you experiencing the same thing ?

Best regards

Jonathan

98 REPLIES 98
jponte
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 24, 2017

New ANC mode won't save after turning off/on QC35

Hello,

So the new firmware allows us to turn off the ANC and thats what I did and worked like a charm.

BUT

When I turn off then turn on the QC35 the ANC is back again !

It doesn't save the choice i've made before restarting the QC35.

That means anytime i turn on the QC35 I have to go in bose app connect and choose the ANC off option...

Do you have the same problem ?

Any idea to solve this ?

Thank you !

Jonathan

AnonCoward
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Re: New ANC mode won't save after turning off/on QC35

Me too

jponte
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 24, 2017

I'd like to precise, the problem is the same when you choose low ANC. Once you restart it goeas back to high.

vitorteixeira
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 12, 2017

Re: Manually disable noise cancelling on QC35

Thank you Bose for listening to your costumers.

However, I have to agree with the previous comment of @jponte, it would be nice that the option selected regarding the ANC would be saved. I also experience that whenever I use the headphones, it always goes back to High ANC option.

In addition, it would be also great if the quality of the sound of the disabled ANC option would be improved.

Thank once again Bose!
Regards to all

Madhawk1995
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

@liquidcooled wrote:

Nice work Bose Engineer and customer support folks! It took 30 min to download the update but once installed I can now turn on and turn off the Noice Canceling feature! Very cool! Thank You!

Not having the feature previously did get me to go out and by the Sony competing headphones... I have to say that I like the Bose better they sound better they feel higher quality and fit my head much better. The Sony's feel like if I make any suddn moves they are going to fall off. 

The one thing that I have come to really like about the Sony's is the ambient noise mode where it brings in the outside sound through the noice cancelation microphones. It's not something I ever expected to like but it is a killer feature. Actually this week Unboxtherapy did a video on a different set of headphones that brings in the Ambient sound. https://youtu.be/FcnzA1WUI8Q

It is kind of magical. You get to here your music and you get to still feel a part of your environment. I don't nessisarily expect this feature to be added to the QC35's, but it would be awesome if possible! It is a cool and way more useful then I would have thought feature. It's the one feature I'm going to miss when I sell the Sony's.

Thanks again to the Bose team! Nice work at keeping your customers happy. I'd love to see you go the extra mile and suprise us all with an ambient sound mode Smiley Wink 

Pleaase, add these features from Sony. The ambient sound is fantastic and helps when I am on streets of NYC. I want to know whats around me. I still use QC 20 because there is no aware mode on QC 35. Ironically, the upgrade is a downgrade. I went with bose because of customer service, support and I already had qc 20s. After the recent fiasco, I was ready to swtich completely including home theater speakers. Please, help us by providing the features via app and FW updates like 1.3.2. Get the ambient sound to use active EQ so I have good music unlike everything off mode in 1.3.2.

liquidcooled
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 30, 2017

I also agree that being able to choose your own default setting would be a nice feature. As I usually only want to use ANC on airplanes and not when I'm at home. 

Highlighted

Hi @jponte @AnonCoward Thanks for your impressions and feedback on the latest release. We've have been very excited about it and happy to hear the same.

The QC35 are engineered to have full noise cancellation the moment you power it on. However, it is a great suggestion, and we'll pass it on to our developers for consideration. 

Thanks again,

Mohsin

Clarkkent
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 30, 2017

Yes please, it would be wonderful to save the noise cancelling option. I always use it sparingly and it makes no sense to always have the noise cancelling on.

It's like, if I own a lamborghini I can't always be driving in max speed, I would still use it to run my regular errands abiding the road regulations, don't I? I will only use the powers when I need it. 

These headphones are like lamborghini that does not have the capability to drive in normal speed in city roads lol I don't want to block all the sounds all the time. I stil want to be able to hear things and ONLY will block it out by choice by turning the ANC on when I want.

The app does it well but if I turn off and turn back on, which most people do when they get busy with their errands. I have to find my phone again and turn it back off.

Please add an option in the app to remain off by saving it, OR, if you can release another firmware to be able to use the buttons for rewind and forward, how about press the stop button and hold it for 5 seconds, or maybe press any button you can assign for 5 times to turn off or turn on active noise cancelling, that way we wouldn't need to rely on the app to turn it on or off.

Please you can do this, we spent over 450 bucks to buy this headphones which I love, except a simple feature like this shouldn't be too much to ask for.

Also people, please lets keep this discussion about the on and off feature of Noise cancelling so it doesn't get distracted from the topic, if you want other new features like adding ambience please create another topic so this thread will be taken serious and focussed.

jponte
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 24, 2017

Hello @Clarkkent

I've open a deidicated thread here : https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/New-ANC-mode-won-t-save-after-turning-off-on-QC35/...

And a moderator just reply : " it is a great suggestion, and we'll pass it on to our developers for consideration"

🙂