Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clarkkent
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 30, 2017

Re: Manually disable noise cancelling on QC35

I am sorry I disagree with this idea. What difference does it make? Why are you switching between high and low, for example if its a less quiet day at work, by choosing high, it is still going to block out the entire noises you hear. By choosing low, you are not saving any battery power either. Might as well use high all the time. 

I think the high and low is meant for people that has low tollerance for the ANC pressure in the ear. But people who don't mind, might as well use high all the time because the goal is to block all the noise, there is no good reason to choose low for this purpose.

@robw.smit wrote:

Another idea that I would like to post here, is to automatically adjust the level of noise cancelling. I work in an office environment with varying levels of noise. I noticed that I constantly switch between the high and the low level setting, depending on the noise level in the office. An automatic noise level detection and subsequent adjustment would be absolutely fantastic!

Sheza
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2017

Re: New ANC mode won't save after turning off/on QC35

The control is perfect but having to switch in the app every time I power on is very annoying. Most of the time I will be in a quiet environment and I want the default to be Low-ANC. So the idea of saving or at least setting a default has my support.

James_S
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

But ANC creates a lot of ear pressure and it is not very good to have it on for a long time.

What makes you say that? Noise cancellation is actually taking sound pressure off your ears. Nothing bad about that.

robw.smit
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2017

In my point of view , the automatic noise level detection and adjustment would be helpful for two reasons: 

1. I would reduce the pressure of the ANC to a minimal level. I belong to the (probably large group) of people who are somewhat sensitive to the ANC pressure. So if it is not 'needed', I would be happy if the ANC would go to a lower level. 
  2. It would allow users to choose to be somewhat connected to the outside world. I never listen to music, I just enjoy the leveling down the noise in the office. However, I also enjoy to stay somewhat connected to the outside world. So when the office is empty or when people go out for lunch etc, I appreciate a lower level of noise cancelling. 

Compare it to having photochromic sunglasses or to ECC in your car. 

@Clarkkent wrote:

I am sorry I disagree with this idea. What difference does it make? Why are you switching between high and low, for example if its a less quiet day at work, by choosing high, it is still going to block out the entire noises you hear. By choosing low, you are not saving any battery power either. Might as well use high all the time. 

I think the high and low is meant for people that has low tollerance for the ANC pressure in the ear. But people who don't mind, might as well use high all the time because the goal is to block all the noise, there is no good reason to choose low for this purpose.

Cobra
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2017

@Clarkkent wrote:

If you are out a windy day with the phones on or enjoying a bike ride you will understand why there is a LOW setting for ANC.

swapnil.shrivastava
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2017

I am thinking of returning headphones because of the lack of hardware switch to toggle NC level. Want to re-emphasize it's a must have feature.

jim06
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 8, 2017

hi everybody,

any feedback from @bose Bose Support team would be appreciated 😉 

The feature requested is important for us 

Thanks in advance

Jim

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Everyone

Our engineers follow these threads and will take any suggestions you may have under consideration for future updates.

Keep the ideas coming!

Tony

elieli
Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2017

I agree, it's not a preferable enginering decision for me. I would prefer the ANC being persistent. 

urbenlegend
Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2017

Please add an option to set the default Audio Noise Cancellation level. I infinitely prefer Low over High, since it gives me less "pressure" and also doesn't make me completely oblivious to my surroundings.