Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonathanT
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

Re: Manually disable noise cancelling on QC35

As a new QC35 II owner (and my first departure from a well known german brand for headphones), I've found this a bit of a frustration. As others have mentioned, there must have been more effort involved for the ANC setting to not persist unlike all the other settings.

Using the left-hand button for ANC instead of Google Assist is good enough, but this was a majorly hyped feature of the QC35 II, so it seems a bit silly that I can't use that if I wanted to.

Hope this is addressed soon.

g_amsalem
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

Is there a way to make the ANC configuration permanent?

For me, every time that I turn the headphones off and on, the ANC is back on, while I mostly need it off...

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi g_amsalem,

Thanks for joining the conversation and great question.  There is currently no way to make the ANC settings retain upon turning off the headphones.  This suggestion has been passed along to our engineers and we will keep you all updated on any further developments. 

I hope this helps and have a great day,

Shiloh_C

JonathanT
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

Hi Shiloh_C,

It appears that on a number of occassions feedback has been passed on to engneering regarding the persistency of the ANC setting.

In doing so, has there been any feedback as to whether this will be addressed in a future firmware release either by Engineering or (perhaps more importantly) Product Management?

Thanks!

nqle
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2017

I am also confronted with this issue and it’s really annoying. My QC35VII are mostly used in the office and I think most of us would only switch to higher NC if the surroundings gets too noisy.
My temporary workaround is to turn off voice prompts and pushing the google assistant button twice, to quickly turn off NC (iOS user).
This should be fixed ASAP as this should really not be that much of an effort to add this as an option.
likearaptor
Participant
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

Re: Save the ANC mode QC35

I too would love the feature, I use Low or Off and having it remember what was last used would be amazing.  I usually stop lowering it or turning it off because its a pain to open the phone to change the setting.  I turn them on/off maybe 4-8 times at work when I have to step away or go to meetings.  I am not going to change the setting everytime 🙂

pavelkam
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2017

Re: Save the ANC mode QC35

One more request to add "memory" feature to QC35, so that they can remember last NC configuration.

This will make QC35 best of the best.

So far it's really annoying to switch it every time.

Thanks for this possibility at all though!

redhotbeani
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2017

Re: Feature Request - QC35 Persistent ANC Setting

+1 
I mainly use my QC35 when biking so I prefer the "low noice cancelling setting". Would be great if my headphones remembers all settings. Seeing the number of replies, when can we expect a firmware update?

jim06
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 8, 2017

Feature still unexistant in firmware 1.3.4 .... 😕

@bose do you have a plan to add our request in coming firmware? or should we just...leave it?

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi folks,

Thanks for checking in and I should have an update for you next week, please stay tuned and thank you so much for your patience!  

I hope you're all well,

Shiloh_C