Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
llbx
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 10, 2017

Re: Feature Request - QC35 Persistent ANC Setting

Hello Bose Engineering Team, 

After reading all posts and under this and other topics on disabling ANC on QC35 I have very PRAGMATIC solution for your consideration. I'm user of new QC35 recently bought with exactly same issue of hardware possibility of disabling this ANC.

In the firmware update you added 2 levels of ANC + possibility of switching it off. Nearly all requests that I see (also mine) are about possibility of hardware switching off, even if after headphone switch off/on it comes back again on high level (not likely, but maybe it is not possible to change...).

Could you consider "Multi-function button" configuration that 4 times quickly press would disable ANC (link with newly introduced function in the software). I know that longer pressing might stay in conflct with Siri, but 4 times pressing should be OK. Next ANC adjustements by users can be done with app in IOS/Android already.

Again, pragmatic solution, but I believe is solves many issuses raised already + mine...

Thanks,
L.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey lechobu!

Thanks for taking the time to post here, I appreciate the thought that you've put into this.  That is a great suggestion, I will make sure to add that input to the voices of our other users who would like this feature as well. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Thanks for choosing Bose.

Warmly,

Shiloh_C 

fred_be9300
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

Spoiler
Shiloh_C wrote:

Hi folks,

Thanks for checking in and I should have an update for you next week, please stay tuned and thank you so much for your patience!  

I hope you're all well,

Shiloh_C

Eagerly waiting for the news 😉

jim06
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 8, 2017

Same here... 🙂

sav99
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2017

Hi,

Is there still an update in regards to the QC35 Persistent ANC Setting feature?

Regards

mmm2000
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2018

More than a month has passed since the last postabout this topic and still no way to save the ANC setting. I am the point right now when I try to watch TV I just use a different set of headphones with not ANC. My head hurts if I use ANC too long. Please, Bose software team. Let's get this done already. If the hardware supports this function, why is it not updated yet in the software.

Most people do not use ANC. Finding my phone and setting the ANC to off every single time, would be expected from a $40 pair of headphones from Ebay. Not from Bose.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

llbx
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 10, 2017

Hello,

I'm also a user of QC30 earphone and the same functionality (i.e. ANC off after turning device on) would be highly appreciated too. I think it is what majority of comments repeat. ANC as a great future should be just great add-on, not a mandatory function at start. I don't think it is a complicated feature for implementation.

Kind regards,

lechobu

tonyhe
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

Hi, another QC35 (Series I) user here who constantly has to go into the app to turn off ANC just about every time I use the headphones.

My question for Bose UX engineers: What metric are you optimizing for?

In an earlier reply, I heard a response along the lines of "we need to save users from having to go into the app to turn ANC back on". If your metric is saving users from unnecessarily having to go into the app, the current design really sucks. It feels like you've optimized for an infrequent use case at the expense of a common case.

I will not buy another set of Bose headphones as long as the design stays the way it is. Hopefully real competition from Sony and others will drive the change that's needed here.

WizeGye
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2017

Hi,

Surely you have a response by now?

I think two things can be done with ease here.

1. Option to toggle persistant ANC settings on or off within the phone app. This is simple to do.

2. For those who have the original QC35, using the on/pair toggle switch on the right earcup to toggle between ANC modes.

To elaborate on point 2, currently on of my biggest issues is that I need to go into the phone app and manually change it every time, this takes way too much time and effort. Because the original QC35 set doesnt have the dedicated action button, we need to use another button. I think the least used button on the QC35 is the on/pairing button. If we can add a toggle in the phone app to allow us to use the on/paring button to toggle through the ANC settings that would be great! It would make the QC35s infinately easier to use and would compensate for not having the dedicated action button. 

Most people dont need to change ANC settings all the time and would prefer to leave it at a single setting. Using the power button toggle to make the changes would be great. 

Alternatively, we could double tap volume up or down to scroll through the ANC settings. 

You could also implement this by making the user hold in the middle button (play/puses/skip) for an arbitary number of seconds, say 5 seconds. This will then put the buttons into a different mode where by pressing volume up or down we can toggle ANC on or off. Pressing the middle button again will switch modes back.

At this point I will take any hardware button solution but I honestly think using the on/paring toggle would work perfectly for the original QC35 owners. These options will also allow th eQC35 II to use both google assistant AND the ANC toggle features without having to pair a phone. I dont want to pair my phone, I want to use them with my PC and at the moment I cannot. I cannot turn off ANC while using the headphones wired and this is a massive issue.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi folks!

We don't have ay new information to report yet but will surely keep you updated.

Take care,

Shiloh