Re: Manually disable noise cancelling on QC35
09-02-2017 11:23 PM
Message 31 of 99
Thank you for implementing the adjustable noise cancelling.
Like other users, I strongly prefer that the noise cancellation preference be retained between power cycles on the QC35. I'm glad to have the full noise cancellation when needed, but the "pressure" of max noise cancellation is uncomfortable in low to medium-noise environments, which is where I use the QC35 most of the time.
You said you "engieered this behavior" so that the headphones would reset to high without need for a mobile device. Is this a common problem? Have you asked your users? The setting is a preference, your users are telling you what they want. You're then making an assumption about what they might want in the future and disregarding their preference. I switch off my headphones several times per day to save battery. So here's the process I go through multiple times every day:
1) return to my desk, want to listen to music, switch on headphones
2) feel unfomfortable pressure. Grumble at Bose's decision to not remember my preference. Again.
3) fumble for my phone, unlock it, find the Bose app, wait.......
4) If lucky and the app eventually finds the headset go to #4, if not, go back to #3
5) open noise cancellation settings.
6) lower noise cancellation. Again.
7) listen to music happily until next meeting, then switch off QC 35
A simple checkbox like "remember my preference" would handle all opinions on this subject.
@ST - Hearphones wrote:
We engineered this behavior so when you need to restore Noise Cancellation to High, you can do that without a mobile device. All you need to do is turn the QC35 off and back on.