emotioncoaching
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2017

Firmware Update QC35 v1.3.4 - ANC High-Setting becomes useless

Another disappointment after updating after updating the firmware of one of the priciest headsets on the market: the "high" ANC setting has no audible difference anymore compared to the "low" setting. As a result, the ANC performance of this headset now is average at best.

I recommend keeping v1.3.2 - unless you experience problems which make it worth to throw ANC over board.

How embarrassing for BOSE to regularly make updates worse than the previous version with respect to a core functionality that headset is being sold and advertised for. Even worse that corrections take months... such a joke!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pilou42
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Re: Firmware Update QC35 v1.3.4 - ANC High-Setting becomes useless

Author Accepted Answer selected by emotioncoaching

I think there's no difference between 1.3.2 and 1.3.4 regarding ANC.

With 1.3.4, the difference between low and high is still present, you can verify this on a windy environment (use a fan for example).

Even if it does not look as powerful as original 1.0.6, it's still better than a lot of headsets. Can't say about competitors in that price range).

Do the fan test, and tell us if you don't hear differences.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pilou42
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Re: Firmware Update QC35 v1.3.4 - ANC High-Setting becomes useless

Author Accepted Answer selected by emotioncoaching

I think there's no difference between 1.3.2 and 1.3.4 regarding ANC.

With 1.3.4, the difference between low and high is still present, you can verify this on a windy environment (use a fan for example).

Even if it does not look as powerful as original 1.0.6, it's still better than a lot of headsets. Can't say about competitors in that price range).

Do the fan test, and tell us if you don't hear differences.

View solution in original post