MitchellD
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Firmware Updates?

Hello Bose!

Will there be an Update that allows for the ACN to be turned off but still provides the luxurious cord free listening that we have all come to love from Bose? Sometime it's great to tune out the noise around you, and the 35's do it extremely well, but there are other times when you need to hear both.

Best,
MitchellD
23 REPLIES 23
waldla
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

Re: Firmware Updates?

+1; it would be great to get this, it's the feature that's probably most often mentioned in reviews and questions about this product.

Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on the active noise cancellation feature. We are forwarding your suggestion to the product development team for future consideration. 

akinney123
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

This would be amazing
Dreamerx
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

HI, Ryan.

Since IOS 10.0

QC35 mic doesn't receive any sound in wireless mode.(Others can't hear me during the call)
It only does in wired mode.
waldla
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

Mods, could we extract the question above (by Dreamerx, about iOS10) to a separate topic? It seems important, but unrelated to supporting ANC toggle. Thanks!

People, let's keep this thread on topic and post things related to disabling ANC while listening via Bluetooth.

Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

That is an unusual issue and we'll be happy to help. Let's try clearing the headset's pairing list. Slide and hold the power switch to the right to the Bluetooth symbol for 10 seconds or until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". It may also help to delete the Bose headset from the phone's list of pairing devices. After that, let's try making a call again. If it continues to be an issue, we'd recommend getting in touch with local service HERE.

dennisbruhn
Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

I would also really like this feature. With it, I would probably own a pair by now. 

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Thank you for the suggestion. We will forward them to our engineers for possible future updates. Remember to use the Bose Connect app to make sure your headphones are up to date. You can find a link to it HERE.

Hope this helps!

ianrichardson
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2016

YES! I have been hoping for this feature, it would be amazing.

I especially want this because sometimes if I am in a quiet place I do not need ANC, and could do with out the subtle hiss of the headphones.

Please, Bose, let our voices be heard!