Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nr.Anas
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Firmware update Qc35 , Help Please

Hey Everybody,

I have bought my first pair of Bose qc35 two days ago, and i decided not to update the firmware right away and use it with the version i found in them (1.0.6) , and while i was using the Bose Connect V5 on my iphone, i accidentaly hit on the update button that was appearing on the screen, so in a matter of seconds i turned off the Bluetooth, the cellular data and i deleted the Bose Connect app. After i re-installed the Bose connect app on my phone and connected it to my bose, i noticed that many new option have appeared like the noise level control.., and when i checked my bose details on the app, i found that the version of the firmware is 1.3.4

My question is, did the firmware update take place only in the few seconds before i disconnected my headphones and the bluetooth ?!, or am i still at the first version of the firmware ?! or am i stuck between them both !?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Have a good day 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: Firmware update Qc35 , Help Please

Author Accepted Answer selected by Nr.Anas

Hi @Nr.Anas

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I have raised the issue for investigation. There is no estimated timeline for resolution though.

Let's check in on your situation.

According to http://btu.bose.com you are have firmware version 1.06.

The Bose Connect app reports that your firmware is up to date with firmware version 1.3.4

Have you tried changing Noise Cancellation level using the Bose Connect app?

ST

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Nr.Anas
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Up.
ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Nr.Anas,

Thank you for joining the Bose Community.

The easiest way to determine what version of firmware is installed in your headphones is to visit http://btu.bose.com

Please follow the instructions on the screen and let us know what version is installed.

Thanks,

ST

Nr.Anas
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Hi @ST - Hearphones,

Thank you so much for your reply, after i tried my bose qc35 pair, i got why The bose are really great, the quality of sound and NC are truly amazing, Thank you :),

In fact, i tried to do the firmware update via the website ( @http://btu.bose.com/ ) just to check up what version i have installed on my bose, so through the process, it gave me indeed the option to update and ( 1.0.6 - - - > 1.3.4 ) was shown on the screen, that’s why i was confused, because according to that i still have the 1.0.6 firmware but why the Bose Connect app says otherwise and why would it gave me the option to control the NC level if i did have the 1.0.6 version knowing that’s only available in the last version of the firmware.

Thank you so much for your Help.
fred_be9300
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

@Nr.Anas wrote:
... why would it gave me the option to control the NC level if i did have the 1.0.6 version knowing that’s only available in the last version of the firmware.

That seems logical: for whatever reason the Bose app is convinced that you have the latest firmware on the headset and so the app will offer  the ANC level control based on that understanding.

Nr.Anas
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Up
ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Nr.Anas

Hi @Nr.Anas

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I have raised the issue for investigation. There is no estimated timeline for resolution though.

Let's check in on your situation.

According to http://btu.bose.com you are have firmware version 1.06.

The Bose Connect app reports that your firmware is up to date with firmware version 1.3.4

Have you tried changing Noise Cancellation level using the Bose Connect app?

ST

View solution in original post

Nr.Anas
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Hi @ST - Hearphones,

Yes i did in fact change the NC level on the Bose connect app, personaly i didn’t notice a difference between The High and Low levels, but for The «off» level, it does actually turn off the NC because i started hearing the outside noise through the mic.

Thank you again for your time.
Nr.Anas
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Hello again,

Just checking if there is any news regarding my firmware Bose situation.

Thank you

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @Nr.Anas

I need your help to understand what's happening for you at this point.

When you go to http://btu.bose.com and connect your QC35 - what does it report about your firmware? What version?

Thanks,

ST