Full volume when connected to phone

Silent Starter

Full volume when connected to phone

Hi

Whenver i connect my QC 35 II to my phone it always plays at full volume. I can change the volume but its very annoying that everytime i start listening to music it gets blasted into my ears before i turn it down. Is there anyway i can change this so when i connect to my phone the volume level is set at what it was before, or at the very least a reasonable level where i dont get hearing damage?

Thanks,

Harry

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Full volume when connected to phone

Hi Harry,

We appreciate you for reaching out to us. Sorry to hear about the experience you're having. 

May we ask for the make and model of your the phone you're using? 

For clarification, when you're connected and listening at half volume, the next time you disconnect and reconnect, the volume seems to be all the way up? Can you verify if it's the phone volume or headset volume? 

Please let us know your findings when you get the chance. 

Thank you again!

Mohsin - Community Support

Silent Starter

hi Mohsin

the phone is a oneplus 6. Weirdly this issue does not occur with my mac laptop, but when connecting earphones to my phone the issue also isnt present. therefore it is hard to say whether it is the phones or the headphones causing the problem.

thanks

Harry

Hey Harry, thank you for getting back. That is interesting. Whatever the headset volume was set at prior to disconnecting, should be the same when reconnecting. 

Are you experiencing this with certain apps? Maybe the check the behavior of the Bluetooth volume of the phone prior and after reconnected the headphones. 

To clarify, you tested this with another mobile device? 

Please check when you can, 

Thanks again,

Mohsin

mqm
Quiet Contributor

I have this same issue with my QC35 II running on my Macbook Pro '17 with macOS Majove 10.14.1 and iTunes or any other audio app. 

No matter what volume was set previously, a reconnect will automatically set volume to max. Resetting the pairing list has not resolved this issue.

Firmware is up to date as of 2/19/19.

Highlighted

Hello, mqm! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble, but would like to help. Are you able to confirm that this happens across multiple devices? You might also check with Apple to see if they are able to offer any suggestions. Please let us know so we can help you further.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support