Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Google Assistant cannot connect to QC35 ii, connect Button always grey, iPhone 6splus

Hello Ponto,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry you are experiencing issues connecting your Google Assistant. Have you connected your QuietComfort II headphones to your phone before trying to connect Google Assistant if you have not already done this.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,
Zoe C

raul_sbd
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Re: Google Assistant cannot connect to QC35 ii, connect Button always grey, iPhone 6splus

Same issue here.. the assistant button is greyed up. I have qc35 II and IPhone X on last iOS version.

Please Bose fix it...
Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello raul_sbd,

Thanks for reaching out, have you made sure the headphones are connected to the device before trying to Connect Google Assistant?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Ponto
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 9, 2019

Hello Zoe, many thanks for contacting me. Yes, I’ve connected both devices before trying to connect google Assistant. The problem started when I connected the QC to my iPad pro and wanted to connect with my iPhone again. The two problems are: 1) connecting different Apple devices and 2) having grey buttons for Google Assistant in the Bose Connect app. Best, Gerhard
RajKukadia
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

Yes, the device was connected first. It is not a usage problem. It is a bug!
Tsnmdws
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 16, 2019

Glad you post this. I was thinking about how to describe my problem. I’m having the same issue with iPhone 8Plus.
Hope they fix the bug soon.
Vicky_W

Hello Everyone, 

Thanks for taking the time to post in our forums. We are incredibly sorry that you are having issues with Google Assistant and your iPhone connecting to the QC35 II headphones. We've been trying this in our office here and found the following steps to connect the Google Assistant feature to your QuietComfort 35 headphones. Ensure that firstly, the QC35 headphones have been paired to your iPhone, and the Google Assistant application has been force-closed by double-pressing the home button and sliding it up to close. Following this:

1. Power off your QC35 headphones using the power switch, to slide the power to the left. 
  2. Open the Google Assistant application on your iPhone.
  3. Power the QC35 headphones on, sliding the power switch to the middle position.
  4. The "Finish headphones setup" message will appear at the top of the screen, tap "Finish setup".
  5. The "Connect" button should now be blue, and allow you to progress.

I hope this helps you to resolve this issue, please let me know if this solution works for you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
portelamusic
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

Hi Vicky.

Thank you for your reply. I followed your instructions, but no luck whatsoever. Here are my specs/hardware that I'm using, just in case:

1. Google Assistsant app version 1.6.2407.

2. BoseConnect app version 8.1.1.

3. iPhone 6+ (model A1522) with IOS 12.3.1.

4. Bose QuietComfort 35 Series II Headphones (manufactured date April 10, 2019) with firmware version 4.3.6.

Thanks for your help so far.

Regards,

Raymond

IMG_6880.PNG

Bac2Day1
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Same issue. I have tried cycling the bluetooth list, the QC35II's power, and the power on my iphone. I can connect the phone and the headset no problem. The "Finish headphone setup" option even auto-appears in the Google Assistant IOS app. However, pressing "Finish setup" takes me to the same screen the OP provided, with the "CONNECT" button being grayed out. I can toggle the diagnostic option... so the screen isn't locked. I just can't seem to enable the "CONNECT" button:/ Please advise!

Lisag7641
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

I am having the same issue. Please tell me how to fix. I am using an iPhone 10.