Gustavoz
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Re: Google Assistant cannot connect to QC35 ii, connect Button always grey, iPhone 6splus

I've Just installed the new firmware but unfortunately still unable to connect to Google Assistant. Does anyone got a different result?

iPhone 7plus + QCII
Tain
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

Re: Google Assistant cannot connect to QC35 ii, connect Button always grey, iPhone 6splus

New user to Bose AC35 II here, same grey out issue as with everyone here. I think the Bose headphones will go back to Bestbuy and I am getting a Sony MX3 instead
Tsnmdws
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 16, 2019

I finally connect with google assistant like this:
Download Bose Connect and Google Assistant.
On Bose connect app:
1. Connect Bluetooth to iPhone.
2. Action button on google assistant.
3. Turn off Q35ii.
Reboot or reset your WiFi.
Then connect iPhone to internet.
Open Google Assistant and your CONNECT should blue.

This steps just work for me today after weeks of trying everything.
Jessie_O

Hi All, 

Thank you for your posts! 

@Tsnmdws that's great news! I'm glad to hear that you are back to enjoying google assistant on your QC35 II. 

I would recommend to anyone still experiencing the issue to try the troubleshooting outlined by @Tsnmdws.

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
raul_sbd
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Unfortunately following this last instructions provided did not work..
Iphone X and Bose qc35 II. Anyway should not be doing all that troubleshooting to get it working. Button greyed up still, you will need to come with an update Bose..
Andy_B
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

If the troubleshooting outlined in the posts HERE and HERE have not resolved your issues, I'd like to know some additional information to collate data to identify any trends. 

Could you please advise us the following:

• Mobile device being used:
  • Mobile device Operating System software version:
  • Headphones being used: (QC35 or QC35 II):
  • Application version of the Google Assistant app (This can be found by searching for the app name within your device's application store, and viewing the app listing/information screen):
  • Have you previously used the QC35 headphones with the Google Voice Assistant app, or is this the first-time setup?:

Kindest,

Andy B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
BigMacTank
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

Apple iPhone 8 Plus
OS software 12.3.2
QC35 II
GA version 1.6.2407
First time setup

Button still greyed out and cannot continue setup.
Ponto
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 9, 2019

Hi Andy, many thanks and these are the answers to your questions:

iPhone 6s plus
iOS 12.3.1

QC35 II

Google Assistant Version 1.6.2407

Probably important: I’m living in Austria

Best Gerhard
AVPapaya
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Hi Andy, here's the info u asked:

• Mobile device being used:    iPhone 7+
  • Mobile device Operating System software version:  iOS 12.3.1
  • Headphones being used: (QC35 or QC35 II):   QC35 II
  • Application version of the Google Assistant app):  1.6.308
  • Have you previously used the QC35 headphones with the Google Voice Assistant app, or is this the first-time setup?: First time setup

Please have your dev staff look into this issue ASAP.   Please don't treat this as a typical support issue since so many people are having the exact same problem - this can't be just simply an end-user issue.

Andy B

Lisag7641
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

I am using the following and it does not work:
iPhone 10s
Operating system 12.3.1
QC35 II
Google assistant app 1.6.2407
First time setup.
Just like most people on the thread. Please fix!