Grrrrrrrr
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Re: Google Assistant cannot connect to QC35 ii, connect Button always grey, iPhone 6splus

I have the same probleme as everybody : the connect button stays grey and impossiple to connect the headphone to Google Assistant. I tried every advice given without results. Quite embarrassing for a device sold to support Google Assistant function. ( ios12, iPhone X, firmware 4.5.2, connection bluetooth ok for listening music). Thank U for your help

Gustavoz
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Re: Google Assistant cannot connect to QC35 ii, connect Button always grey, iPhone 6splus

I finally connected to Google Assistant following the steps shared by another member yesterday:

1. Connect Bluetooth to iPhone.
2. Action button on google assistant.
3. Turn off Q35ii.
Reboot or reset your WiFi.
Then connect iPhone to internet.
Open Google Assistant and your CONNECT should blue.

Lisag7641
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

I was able to get it work finally by doing the following:
1. Connecting the headphones to iPhone in the blue tooth
2. Pushing google assistant button on headphones
3. Turning off headphones by sliding the button on side
4. Turning off WiFi on my iPhone 10s by sliding the button is WiFi settings then turning back on by sliding the button again
5 open google assistant on iPhone and the button was blue and I finished the setup
The button is now working fine!
lshj82
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

I am having the same problem. Followed your step but could not resolve it. Can provide some screenshot?
Lisag7641
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Ishj82 were you able to get it to work? If you need screen shots private message me and I will send them.
AVPapaya
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

After 5 more attempts the method involving turning wifi off and back-on worked for me.  Google Assistant then wanted to create a LE-QuietComfort BT connection which it was successful.  I guess GA needs its own BT channel to communicate with the headset, but that setup process somehow was not triggled properly.  I don't know how long this will last so Bose please have your dev look into this still.  It shouldn't be this hard. 

Tsnmdws
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 16, 2019

You’re absolutely correct it’s shouldn’t be hard. Bose gotta do something quick.
BigMacTank
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

Just a note I had to turn off all my signals on my phone (so airplane mode) and then turn on Bluetooth and wifi only before the button would turn blue on Google Assistant and I could complete the pairing. Hope this works for you!

Cheers!
portelamusic
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

Hello guys!

I have finally connected my QC35II's to my iPhone 6+.

Please be advised that first, I updated the headphones firmware to

ver 4.5.2 and GA app to ver 1.6.2408. Then force quit both GA app and BoseConnect app. Then turned off headphones. After that, I turned off WIFI and Bluetooth on my phone. Also put the phone on airplane mode. All that done, I turned off airplane mode, turned on WIFI, Bluetooth and  headphones. Open the GA app, went to the setup feature and the connect button was blue. Hope this will work for ya'll!

IMG_6940.PNG

lshj82
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Hi I’m happy to say finally got the assistant working. The steps are basically what described above:

Connect headphone to iPhone. I’m using XR
Turn off headphone.
Toggle off and on wifi.

I may have tried a few times.

I saw a new Bluetooth device in my list together with headphone. I Guess that was why the google assist was telling me no Bluetooth headphone not connected.