Andy_B
Community Manager

Re: Google Assistant cannot connect to QC35 ii, connect Button always grey, iPhone 6splus

Hey all,

I appreciate your frustrations. There was a recent Google Voice Assistant app update to version 1.6.2.2408 - I'd be interested to hear if this has made it easier to pair your QuietComfort 35 headphones to the application and use the "Connect" button?

Can't wait to hear back from you to relay this feedback to our development team for our own internal investigation.

Kindest,

Andy B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Chris76
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Re: Google Assistant cannot connect to QC35 ii, connect Button always grey, iPhone 6splus

I came here today because I was having the same problem, iPhone Xs and also paired to an iPad Pro. The Connect button was greyed out. I saw the most recent response and then updated my GA app. Now the connect button is blue, but fails to connect. When I go through the same process to setup Alexa instead, as soon as I kick off the pairing in the Alexa app, the LE connection is establish between the two devices. This LE connection doesn't happen when trying to setup GA.

Lisag7641
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Hello Andy
I am still on version 1.6.2407 and my headphones still work fine. So can’t tell you if new update makes it better. Sorry.
Andy_B
Community Manager

Hey Lisag7641,

Thanks for your reply. Happy to hear you're up and running with no issues, thanks for updating us! 

If anyone else is having issues or has been able to resolve the issue following the app update please let us know.

Kindest,

Andy B

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Chris76
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Since I saw other people having success, I tried again this evening and it connected right away, this time I was prompted to connected the BT LE connection which I believe is key to Google Assitant functionality.

Caleb B
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

I was having the same issue with the qc 35 II headphones not connecting to an iPhone X. I could hit the blue connect button but it was stuck on “waiting to connect”. 

In the initial setup, I renamed my headphones in the Bose app to “Caleb’s Headphone”. So while following the troubleshooting steps, I kept removing “Caleb’s Headphones” from the device list in the iPhone Bluetooth settings. 

After the 18th? time, I noticed the LE Headphones in the device list in iPhone’s Bluetooth settings and selected forget this device. Then when I went back into google assistant, it was able to connect. 

Long story short, in the troubleshooting steps, make sure to remove your headphones from the device list and LE headphones.

Outside of that, the only other thing I did was to plug my headphones into my computer and manually update my headphone’s firmware through the steps on the Bose site. The Bose app on my phone said the headphones were up to date but the Bose software uploader through my computer said it needed to be updated. So I’m wondering in the initial firmware update through the iPhone app failed. I might have accidentally turned off the headphones during the initial firmware update. 

Hope this helps.

chain256
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2019

Got my QC II today.. Google Assistant did not pop up. Everything else works. Google Assistant is grayed out in the Bose Connect app. Tried for hours all things that I could find on Google. Updated firmware to the latest. Phone has also latest firmware and software. It's Huawei Mate Pro 20 bought from Estonia. Must be some software issue.

Hector_B

Hi Chain256, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. 

Can you please confirm the region that you are currently located in? I would recommend attempting the setup on a different device to see if the device is the reason for this issue. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

philipsaugustine
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

no.. not really. I cant fix the problem with these steps

Hector_B

Hi philipsaugustine, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with Google Assistant and would love to assist you further. 

So that I can provide you with the correct information can you please confirm the region that you are located in as well as the steps that you have attempted so far? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B