Susja
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 4, 2017

Google Assitant and Navigation issue on QuietComphort 35 ii

Hello,

I have QC 35 ii.

I have iPhone X with the latest update.

Google Assistant works fine from my QC 35 ii except the issue I found when requested it to navigate.

When I requested to navigate to point A it says 'OK, Let's walk' and then produced the message : 'I can't do it right now, open Google Assitant to continue'

The point is that Assitant is already opened and works and does other commands but 'Navigation'.

Futhermore ... if I request the same Navigation directly from my iPhone ... it does not give me an isssue.

That's why I think it's the issue between QC 35 ii - Google Assistant - Navigation.

What do you think?

Thanks,

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Google Assitant and Navigation issue on QuietComphort 35 ii

Hi Susja!

Thank you for reaching out. Are you using Google Assistant to direct you to a place? If so, could you go on Google Maps application instead and start navigation somewhere and tell me if you get instructions through the headphones?

I have just demo'd this myself and haven't had an issue using Google Maps navigation through the headphones. I'm not able to test the assistant myself. Let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C

Susja
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 4, 2017

Hi Brandon
I don’t have an issue to use Google Map directions via headphones. It works fine.
The point that I wanted to make is that using headphones and Google Assistant I can’t invoke Google map. When it started from the phone I don’t have issues to use headphones
Thanks

Just a thought Susja, do you have another pair of headphones with a microphone? If so, can you attempt to summon google on those and try and replicate the issue. Just a quick test to figure out whether it's a setting on our side.

Also, have you set the action button on the QC35 II to Google Assistant? Are you pressing this when summoning Google Assistant?

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

Susja
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 4, 2017

Action button works fine.
I will try with another headset and update you.
Thanks
Highlighted
Susja
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 4, 2017

Unlock Google Assitant with Siri

Well I have QC 35 ii and want to open my iPhone but it failed requesting to unlock the phone first. Is it known issue?

As far as I could understand it sounds that in my case when I request my headphones Bose to open Google Assitant it failed because Apple does not like it?

Opposite when I ask Siri to play music it would play because it would use Apple Music app?

Do you think it’s the case?

Thanks

Re: Unlock Google Assitant with Siri

Hi Susja! Thank you for letting us know that information.

Do you have a pass-code on your phone? If so, what happens if you try the same process without having a pass-code on your phone?

Also, have you tried setting Google Assistant as a shortcut through Siri? This may be an option worth looking into.

Warm regards,

Sam F

Susja
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 4, 2017

Hi Sam

i do have a passcode. 

I  wanted initially but than changed my mind to disable passcode because it might have a few disadvantages and hassle to restore it. I would suggest that it should work then but it’s not what we want. 

I do have a shortcut already but it doesn’t make a difference. 

I also noticed that if I request to open Apple app e.g. Apple Music it failed with the same error but if I request just to play music it starts to play Apple Music app. 

Maybe Bose -> Siri transaction doesn’t open any app??

Note that when I try open third party app using my Apple Watch it works fine ...

Thanks for your comments 

Eliya

Community Manager

Hi Susja,

A voice command from Google Assistant will be unable to launch or open any app within iOS should the phone be in a "locked" state, which is likely why you are receiving the command to first launch the app. Testing alternate headphones here would be a great testing ground but you will likely experience the same feedback. 

Commands such as "play music" are handled and processed differently and directly by the operating system, as functions from third-party applications will result in varied results. As noted HERE from Google's support page, navigation features are not expressly listed as being able to be initiated via the skill, but should still function should the application be open and in an "unlocked" state. Other functions listed are directly processed and handled by the voice assistant application, enabling these features to work without the same error message being relayed.

Kind regards,

Andy B - Community Support

Susja
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 4, 2017

Hi Andy
I like your reply.
Yesterday I had a meeting with Apple Support. They were able to open any application from the locked screen using Siri directly from the phone.
Hence they concluded it’s Bose headphone issue rather than Apple.
Do you buy it?
If it’s correct than one wouldn’t be able to start Navigation using Google Assistant without every time taking his phone from the pocket and unlock it.
What do you tho?
Thanks