Firebro114
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Headphone Mic Creates Noise and Blocks All Other Sounds

Whenever a program like a game needs to use the mic on my SoundLink II headphone, all other sounds are completely blocked (could be that the speaker part of the headphone becomes disabled), and a loud noise sound plays. Also, background noise is amplified.

How do I fix this?

38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted

Re: Headphone Mic Creates Noise and Blocks All Other Sounds

Hi FireBro114, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community!

We tuned the communication microphones, to the human voice frequency range. They automatically adjust the microphone volume for quieter voices. In a loud environment where there are voices in the background, it’s possible the microphones will pick up those background voices and bring up the microphone volume. This can send the background noise through to the headset. 

We suggest moving to a quieter place to prevent background noise being amplified. 

In regards to the sound being turned off, could you please confirm what games console you are connecting to and how you are connecting the headphones. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Bose Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Firebro114
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I am actually not in a loud environment, I am in a room by myself, but it picks up minor sounds like keys being clicked and clothes shuffling and amplifies them.

I am connecting to a PC through Bluetooth.

Highlighted

Hi Firebro114,

Thank you for confirming this for us! 

I would firstly Suggest performing a product reset. This can be done through the instruction provided below.

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

I would then to proceed to ensure that your headphones are updated to the latest Firmware, this can be checked by connecting your headphones to your computer via USB and visiting THIS LINK this will provide you with instruction on how to update your headphones.

Do you experience these issues when you connect your headphones to another Bluetooth enabled device? Also how about whilst connecting your headphones via the 3.5mm cable?

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Firebro114
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Hello,

The same thing is happening with other devices.

The microphone doesn't seem to be active when using the cable, the mic attached to the computer is being used.

There was a driver update, and I tried resetting it; but it did not work.

Some questions about the driver update:

• Are there any other ways to update it?
  • How do I uninstall the updater?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Hello Firebro114, 

I am sorry to hear the issue still persists.

Whilst the SoundLink around ear wireless headphones can be used with a PC, they are not designed to be used as a gaming headset. As such your own experience using them in this context may vary.

Have you updated the Headphones either by using the Bose Connect App or manually via a micro USB cable by clicking here and following the onscreen instructions. 

In regards to the drivers, to clarify did you update the drivers for the headphones or the computer?

Have you attempted to use the headphones with different devices?

Also did the issue started after or before the update to the headphones or computer?

I hope to hear from you soon,

Prince O 

Highlighted
Firebro114
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Hello,

Yes, but the headphone has a microphone, I do not think that it is made so that it is impossible to use.

Other programs that are not games also experience this.

I updated it using a USB cable using the link provided.

Do you know the answers to my questions about the drivers?

As stated earlier, I have attempted to use it with other devices, and the same issue occurred.

The issue started randomly without any updates interfering with it.

Highlighted

Hi Firebro114, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Have you attempted to adjust which profile the headset is set to? I would highly recommend checking out this thread here. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Firebro114
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Hello,

The post is very vague about the profiles, and it did not specify what to do.

I tried turning off Hands-Free, and it made the mic disappear from the Recording tab.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Hello Firebro114, 

I'd like to establish a few more details about your setup.

Which operating system are you using?

Kind Regards, 

Prince O