Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Headphones 700 won't unmute

Hi, 

when on a call i am unable to unmute my headphones when muting them via the voice assistant button. Unmute sound will play but headphones will not unmute. Has anyone experienced this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Headphones 700 won't unmute

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hey Cfalcon, 

Thanks for reaching out today. 

We have a dedicated customer support team for most regions. You can reach them by clicking this link here: https://bose.life/2f4nJid, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. We also have a live chat service and an SMS service too. 

We have released a firmware update that addresses the issue outlined within this thread. Please see this article here for more details. We'd love to hear your feedback following this update!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Edit: the problem only exists when using the setting 'voice prompts off'. Headphones will mute but NOT unmute. Probably a software bug. 

Highlighted

Hi ACr, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this experience and would love to assist you further. 

Can you please attempt to use a different device as well as performing a reset on the headphones, this can be done via: 

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

I would also recommend that you ensure that the headphones are running the latest software via the Bose Online Updater. 

Please update me on the result of this and if any other members of the community have had this issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B - Community Support 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Hi Hector, 

neither of the solutions above fix the problem. Headphones are running the latest software. 

As described in my original answer the problem only exists with the setting 'Voice prompts off'. When pushing the mute button mute sound will play. When pushing again the unmute sound will play but headphones will not unmute. If changing the settings to 'Voice prompts on' muting and unmuting works. Seems to be a software issue. 

Is this a known bug?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

I have the exact same issue... $400 headphones.  Broken software.

Highlighted

Hi Cfalcon, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear that you are also having this issue! 

Can you please confirm that you have attempted the troubleshooting steps that are listed above? If so and your issue still persists like @ACR 's does then, I would love to know a little more information from you both: 

• Headphones software version (Can be found in Bose Music App in product settings) 
  • What device you are connecting to and what software version it is running? 
  • If the issue happens across all devices? 
  • Does the issue only persist when Voice Prompts are on? 

I look forward to hearing back from you both and any other community members that are experiencing this issue. Please do let me know the answers to the questions above so that I can forward this information to the relevant teams. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Thanks for the quick response, to answer your questions:

• Headphones software version (Can be found in Bose Music App in product settings) 
    • Firmware version 1.14.1144be3bf4b
  • What device you are connecting to and what software version it is running? 
    • Connected to a Galaxy Note 10, running Android v9, patched through Sept 1
  • If the issue happens across all devices? 
    • I don't have other devices to try on for phone calls
  • Does the issue only persist when Voice Prompts are on?
    • opposite, I seem to be able to use the mute/unmute function with prompts ON
    • when i turn prompts OFF, i am able to mute the call, but can't unmute
Highlighted

Hi cfalcon, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

I appreciate you providing us with this feedback and would love to forward this information to our development team for you. If any other users are also having this issue please do let us know and answer the questions above so that we can forward this onto the relevant teams for you. 

I look forward to hearing back from you as soon as possible. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Is there at least any way to minimize the obtrusiveness of the voice prompts?  It takes the headset several seconds to tell me it's muted/unmuted... that can block out huge parts of the conversation I'm trying to participate in.

Highlighted

Hi cfalcon, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us. 

There isn't any way to reduce this other than turning off Voice Prompts completely, however I would love to forward this onto the relevant teams for you as a future feature request. 

I appreciate the feedback regarding this and if any other users would love to see this added please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B