Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
p1harrison
Participant
Registered since

Mar 11, 2020

Headphones cut out sound when typing

Hi,

I have my headphones connected to a laptop and my phone and whilst watching videos on the laptop and then typing messages on my phone the noise from the video keeps cutting out. 

My product is up to date, using firmware 4.5.2 and i am using bose quietcomfort 35 series 2

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Headphones cut out sound when typing

Author Accepted Answer selected by p1harrison

Hi p1harrison,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community!

It is strange that the audio cuts out on your laptop specifically when typing on your phone. So I can gather a bit more information on this, does it do this when you type in any app on your phone or only certain apps?

Also, what phone are you using when this happens?

I do have one thing I can think of straight away that this might be related to. Do you by any chance have keyboard sounds enabled on your phone? If so, while you are typing it is possible that the headphones are receiving the audio signal for the keyboard sounds and switching away from the laptop to the phone to play those sounds. Try disabling this on your phone and see if this changes the behavior at all.

Let me know how it goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by p1harrison

Hi p1harrison,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community!

It is strange that the audio cuts out on your laptop specifically when typing on your phone. So I can gather a bit more information on this, does it do this when you type in any app on your phone or only certain apps?

Also, what phone are you using when this happens?

I do have one thing I can think of straight away that this might be related to. Do you by any chance have keyboard sounds enabled on your phone? If so, while you are typing it is possible that the headphones are receiving the audio signal for the keyboard sounds and switching away from the laptop to the phone to play those sounds. Try disabling this on your phone and see if this changes the behavior at all.

Let me know how it goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

p1harrison
Participant
Registered since

Mar 11, 2020

Hello Keith,

Thank you for your reply.  I think that your suggestion has solved the problem.

I have an S9 and whilst I don't think there was keyboard sounds as such enabled it seemed to be a slight vibration whilst using the keyboard.  I have since disabled both the keyboard sound and the vibration and that seems to have worked.

Many thanks 🙂