Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aryman
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Headphones stoped working

I left my Bose 700 Noise Cancellation headphones on charge for 4-5 hours as the battery was only an hour left, and after that it never turned on.

I tried to press and hold the power button, tried to press all other buttons, but I haven't heard any voice or seen any light whatsoever.

I plugged it in with the AUX cable provided with the headphones to my laptop and it start working. I saw a post similar to this case before but I couldn't find it now. Can anyone tell me what's going on with the headphones? Whole plugging it to charge, I saw couple of lights blinked all of a sudden. I have no idea but it's just my guess that it can be linked to whatever happened with the headphones.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Headphones stoped working

Author Accepted Answer selected by Aryman

Hi Aryman,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are unable to turn on your headphones and I would be happy to help with this.

It is strange that you are unable to turn the headphones on, but they continue to work when connected to the audio cable. 

The first thing I would recommend doing to resolve this is a reset of your headphones. To do this you would need to:

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones.
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on.
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice.
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

It would also be worth checking for and installing any available updates for your headphones by going to our Device Updater on a computer and following the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Headphones stoped working

Author Accepted Answer selected by Aryman

Hi Aryman,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are unable to turn on your headphones and I would be happy to help with this.

It is strange that you are unable to turn the headphones on, but they continue to work when connected to the audio cable. 

The first thing I would recommend doing to resolve this is a reset of your headphones. To do this you would need to:

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones.
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on.
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice.
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

It would also be worth checking for and installing any available updates for your headphones by going to our Device Updater on a computer and following the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post