btully
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2017

How does one upgrade QC35 firmware from Mac?

I saw that there is a new firmware for the QC35 headphones. I tried downloading/upgrading from the new Bose Connect app on my iphone, but it kept saying something like 39 minutes for download progress even though I am on fast wifi.

I then read that you can supposedly upgrade the firmware from one's Mac. I went to btu.bose.com and downloaded the disk image and installed the Bose Updated app, then opened it. In the menu bar I select open the Bose updater webpage. It opens the web page http://btu.bose.com/#section=connect and says the updater is ready and to connect my product. My product is already connected via Bluetooth. Nothing happens. On the web page, clicking on the image for the QC35 does nothing. At the top left of the page there is an image that seems to indicate that I should plug my headphones into my Macbook's USB port. Did that. Still nothing happens. There are no clear instructions or information/documentation as to what to do to troubleshoot. I've already wasted an hour trying to upgrade the firmware.

**bleep**!?

2 REPLIES 2
Willl
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2017

Re: How does one upgrade QC35 firmware from Mac?

Are your Headphones charging via the USB-Port? (LED flashing) Do you have the newest updater? Do you use Safari? Is the updater still active (in the menubar)? It takes a few seconds to recognise the QC 35 for the updater.

btully
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2017

Re: How does one upgrade QC35 firmware from Mac?

Thank you for replying. I eventually figured it out. I had to use the BOSE USB cable and the headphones needed to be powered off. It's just very strange that the instructions on the updater website are non-existent. I'm assuming it's because they have one webpage for all languages and don't want to deal with translating instructions? If that's not the case, why not add some clear step-by-step instructions?