Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

How to check manufacture QC35 date

Hi can I check the manufacturing date with out opening the box as I have just bought QC35 and looking through these forums it's a bit worrying so would like a very recently made one but if I open the box I can't take them back as bought from Argos in the uk many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to check manufacture QC35 date

Author Accepted Answer selected by buff69

Hi buff69,

Thank you for joining us. I understand why you might be concerned and I'll speak to that in a moment.

You can determine the date of manufacture from the serial number on the bottom of the sealed QC35 box.

Here's a picture I just took of mine.

QC35 Serial Number.jpg

Sorry about the fuzzy picture.

There has been a great deal written in this community about the older units and newer ones. If you were to use the comments here to know which are better, it would be impossible to tell. 

I can tell you, as I'm writing this, QC35 shipping from the factory today ship with firmware version 1.06. Don't be dismayed when your QC35 has that version of firmware. You can update it to the current version 1.3.2 using the Bose Connect app or the Bose Updater at http://btu.bose.com

If you buy your QC35 from Bose, you have 30 days to try them out and make sure they will meet your needs. Yes, you can open the box and use them. Please follow this link to our Bose Policies in the UK. Scroll down to Performance Guarantee.

Does that help?

ST

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by buff69

Hi buff69,

Thank you for joining us. I understand why you might be concerned and I'll speak to that in a moment.

You can determine the date of manufacture from the serial number on the bottom of the sealed QC35 box.

Here's a picture I just took of mine.

QC35 Serial Number.jpg

Sorry about the fuzzy picture.

There has been a great deal written in this community about the older units and newer ones. If you were to use the comments here to know which are better, it would be impossible to tell. 

I can tell you, as I'm writing this, QC35 shipping from the factory today ship with firmware version 1.06. Don't be dismayed when your QC35 has that version of firmware. You can update it to the current version 1.3.2 using the Bose Connect app or the Bose Updater at http://btu.bose.com

If you buy your QC35 from Bose, you have 30 days to try them out and make sure they will meet your needs. Yes, you can open the box and use them. Please follow this link to our Bose Policies in the UK. Scroll down to Performance Guarantee.

Does that help?

ST

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

Hi yes that's great thank you so yours has a 6 so that would mean 2016 would that be correct I'll have a look at mine I really wanted to buy from Bose but couldn't get to to store and I suppose I should have ordered them but couldn't wait lol I'm sure they will be fine fingers crossed 🤞 many thanks 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Buff69,

Yes, I should have mentioned that. My QC35 were manufactured in 2016.

Did you get your QC35 already? You sound excited and that's great. 

I'm curious, how are you planning to use them?

ST

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

Hi yes I have I plan to use them wired to my mojo the most but wireless as well with my other stuff how are yours have you had any issues?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi buff69,

Oh - were you sitting there looking at the box wondering if you should open it?

What's a mojo device?

I use my QC35 while I'm working. They have been great for silencing my environment. It's not loud here, but there's the whirr of the air conditioning and other low-frequency mechanical noise commonly present in a building.  The QC35 have been great for letting me work in relative silence.  The one issue has been using them with Skype for Business with Windows 10 Creators Edition. I'm certain that the problem is with Microsoft, not Bose.

ST

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

Hi yes that's it but I think I will open tonight/first thing tomorrow, I'm a born worrier lol, a mojo is a DAC/AMP from chord electronics here in the uk I plug it in to my A&K70 HI RES player I listen to a lot of HI RES music and Tidal. I bought the QC35's on Sunday got home and looked on here and saw all the trouble that some users are having so got a bit concerned. I'm on here with our play bar with the amber light syndrome and since the last update the sound has changed but not in a good way we had to turn the sub up to three now but hopefully it will get sorted. We do love Bose 👍

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

Just checked mine and there is a 7 after the Z 👍