NC
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2018

Re: How to connect Soundsport to windows

I bought the soudsport and I have the same problem, is there an application for windows 7? With the price they have they should start with a stone if I want it!

timhanley85
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2018

Dear ndswim09 - I just had a similar issue.  My Bose Soundsport have been working great since I got them a few months ago, but today while they were paired with both my Windows 10 laptop and my iPhone (currently listening to music streaming in web browser on my PC) I walked down the hall too far away from my PC so the Bose disconnected from my PC.  When I walked back in my office they Bose would not automatically re-pair with my PC like they usually do, so I went into Bluetooth settings on my PC and deleted the Bose and tried to re-add them as a new device.  This is when the Bose would not pair with my PC and it became frustrating.  My Bose were at about 20% battery so I'm not sure if a low battery would prevent them from pairing, but after charging for a while they still wouldn't pair with my PC so I turned off bluetooth on my iPhone to force the Bose to disconnect from my iPhone.  I immediately tried to pair them with my PC and it worked instantly.

Not sure if it's similar to the problem you are having, but if you still haven't gotten your Bose to pair with your PC try turning off bluetooth on your phone first to make sure your Bose aren't paired with anything else at the same time.  Once you pair them to your PC just turn bluetooth on your phone back on and your Bose should automatically pair back up with your iPhone in addition to your PC.

***MODERATOR EDIT: Violation of Community Guidelines***

Tierdal
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

Still only getting mono sound, sadly.

No fix for this?

How hard would it be to make some drivers?

timhanley85
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2018

***MODERATOR EDIT: Violation of Community Guidelines***

So...have you tried doing a Google search to figure out if there is a setting on your Surface that specifies mono vs. stereo output? Last thing, when my SoundSport are paired to my Windows 10 Dell PC I noticed it shows up as 2 different devices: one is "Headphones (Bose SoundSport Stereo)" and the second is "Headset (Bose SoundSport Hands-Free)"

I noticed when I select the Headset (Bose SoundSport Hands-Free) as the device the audio sounds different and when I select the other option that lists the Bose as a Stereo output it sounds much better.  Maybe the same thing is happening with your surface and you have the non-stereo option selected?

NC
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2018

Hi...some news?

timhanley85
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2018

Any news from you? Have you checked if there is a setting on your Surface tablet for mono vs. stereo output? Seems like that's the easy fix...

NC
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2018

Hi Tony_G

...any news?

Tierdal
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

love an update here

NC
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2018

I will love a solution hahahaha
blueskyy65
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2018

New person

Same problem

Connects (automatically) and works fine on my Windows 10 Surface Pro 5

Looking for the driver for a Windows 7 64bit Dell desktop computer!!!

Please help with a driver!