Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2018

Re: How to connect Soundsport to windows

Just to clarify

I bought this specifically to use on my Windows 7 Dell desktop.  If I had known that would be impossible I never would have spent the money on a Bose!  My co-workers use Beats wireless headphones without any problems but I have always been a Bose fan

Very sad to see there is little to no support on this issue : (

Is Bose still working on this problem?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2018

In the mean-time I bought this on Amazon, it's a bluetooth transmitter/receiver.  I plugged it into my desktop computer speakers and my Bose headphones can connect to it.  Still wish I could connect directly to my desktop so I could play/pause from my headphones.....maybe one day!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EHSX28M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter / Receiver, 2-in-1 Wireless 3.5mm Adapter (aptX Low Latency, 2 Devices Simultaneously, For TV / Home Sound System) $34

Good luck to us all!

Bose please work on a driver!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 3, 2017

still not fixred?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2018

Had the same problem. I fixed it by going to the controlpanel, devices and printers, and rightclicked the earphones and selected properties. selected the service tab, checked the box for audiosynk. Disconnect and reconnect the earphones.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

I had the same exact problem and was considering getting different headphones. I figured I would give it another shot. I was able to get it to work and a sort of Eureka moment lol. I went to the "Bose Updater" which is a application Bose offers. It will take you to a web page and from there you select the product. Obviously in our case we will be selecting the Bose Soundsport Free Wireless option. It will instruct you to connect you charging case with the headphones connected to the base to you pc via micro usb cable. It should then offer to update your headphones to the latest software. I just updated mine to 1.4.5. Afterwards I removed the headphones from my bluetooth devices and reconnected them to my laptop and tada! They work! Goodluck you guys. My laptop is HP Spectre 13 and it has Windows 10 64bit Vers 1803

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

@eragonr Hello!

Thank you for sharing this information. This can be helpful for other users on the community. 

Take care.

Ashley

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2018

hello,

guys this it how it worked for me:

1. turn off bose soundsport wireless

2. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared”

3. pair again

hope it works for you!