Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

How to switch off Auto Power-off on Boss 700 Headphones

Hi there

I have a problem, I use the Boss 700 Headphones to listen to music while meditating

The auto power off is a useful feature but not while you are meditating.

Is there any way I can swith this function off or at least increase the time before it goes off?

Many Thanks

Francesco

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How to switch off Auto Power-off on Boss 700 Headphones

Hi franccar, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! 

This can be adjusted in settings in the Bose Music App under Auto-Off! You can set this to never or to a certain time period. 

Let us know if you have any issues adjusting this setting. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

It is set to Never but still goes off, Software bug?

I now swithed to 1hr but this is just a work around, worth for you to check if it is working correctly as is not working on mine

Cheers

Hi Franccar, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

This is something that is currently being looked into by our development team as you can see via this thread here. I don't have any further information regarding this at this moment in time. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

In the tread you send me I found the answer, I bought this headphones specially for meditation and you are stating that motionless sensor override the auto-off setting in any case, and shuts down the headphones after 20 mins. I am extremely annoyed about that. as I cannot use the device as planned, and is not cheap..

Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2019

This is exactly my situation.

The headphones would be perfect for meditation but guess what. Let's put an annoying feature in them, that can't be changed and let the headphones decide when to turn off, instead of when I tell them to.

This, in my opinion was a huge flaw in Boses thinking.

Even if you are just watching a movie and you are still for a short time they just turn off.

They say that the sensors are super sensitive and even the slightest motion triggers it, well... they are not.

Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Hi there
I have a serious problem that Bose is not addressing.
Firstly my house is full of bose equipment but the latest one I purchased the Noise cancellation 700 has not performed as expected.
I wanted to replace the wired Bose noise cancellation headphone i had with the wireless one, so I bought the 700 with the plan to sell the wired one.
I use the headphone for work and also for meditation which i do twice a day.
The headphone 700 go off while in meditation and there is no way to switch off the auto-switch function, (As it thinks i am not moving, this happen while watching movies too btw)  it also make a sound when it go off taking me out of trance. This is a big problem for me!
It must be a very easy thing to fix for bose but yet to see an ETA for a fix after many months waiting.
Plus you guys have not created a dongle for the PC so it is not fully wireless when i need it most... at work. To top it up the wire is too short, and when wired the Bluetooth goes off. pointless..
As explained before i need to use the old wired headphone for meditation and unable to sell it so I am now asking, Can i return the 700 to you? is not fit for purpose specially with that price tag
For the first time I am extremely unhappy with this purchase.
Awaiting response!
Many Thanks

Hello Franccar, 

Thanks for getting back to us regarding your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

Concerning the Auto-Off feature of your headphones. Within a recent Firmware update this has been adjusted to give you the option between 10 minutes and 1 hour.  If you have not yet updated your headphones, this can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com. You can adjust this in the product settings in the Bose Music App. 

If you are still interested in returning your headphones, this will need to be discussed with your point of purchase. If you purchased directly through Bose our team can be contacted via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!