Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Huge Bose fan, hugely disappointed.

Hi all,

I wanted to jump in here and say that I understand it's frustrating when a product stops working properly. We generally don't repair headphones but would rather replace them with a new pair. Even beyond the warranty period, we try to provide service options that would involve a replacement at a discounted rate. For the available options for your situation, we would encourage you to work closely with your local support team for assistance.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2019

Hi Tony,

I have spoken with a Supervisor in my area - Australia - to no avail. The issue is that there is a fault in the design of the headphones, and they should never have been sold with that basic fault. Those customers that have paid $499 for a dodgy product should have it replaced with a working product, whether a QF35I (a new model without the design fault if such a thing exists) or a QF35II. However, we are being fobbed off and - to add insult to injury - being offered a 'discounted' pair of QF35II headphones for $375. No wonder so many Bose customers are frustrated.

You might like to re-read some of the many posts relating to this issue in this forum.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

I had a problem related to on/off switch with my other Q35 and I got a FREE replacement, beyond warranty perido and even with shipping taken care of. Now I have again problems with the on/off switch on another Q35 and Im given the option to replace it for discounted price or get stuck with a broken USD 300+ headphone. Why was I offered free replacement once and now a discounted price replacement? Just because it was bought from a third party seller from Amazon? It is a 6 months old device used very carefully. I opened the headphone, I saw the problem, it is a flimsy plastic switch prone to break that should never have been there in the first place. I superglued it back for USD 3 (that's the price of the glue!). Bose probably knows about this design flaw, doesn't offer a repair option and still wants to cash in on that?