bonjovi079519
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 26, 2017

I don't understand anything. QC35 ANC conspiracy?

Hello,

When a month ago Bose launches the 1.3.2 firmware version I stayed expectant and very excited, and even more when the first forum users they say that ANC its awesome again. And the fact of being able to change and turn off the ANC is something awesome and necessari. 

So I thought that finally the problems with ANC they were finally fixed with 1.3.2. But after the positive comments, they started the first negative comments in this forum about that ANC stills poorly, even worst than 1.2.10. But the worst of it all is that I have the feeling that the negative comments in the forum are overcoming the positive comments, something unthinkable when I read first positive reviews. 

I'm practically sure that ANC of QC35 has never been lowered. Yes, ANC is not perfect (i updated from 1.0.6 to 1.3.2 and i think that it's the same) but it's a great tecnology which will surely improve in the future. Maybe the problem is that the earplugs are worn out, or probably you don't have the headphones placed correctly on the head and ears.  I have to say too that I already did the change of earpads and i have the feeling that the ANC is not so good, but i'm not saying that ANC it's worse. Only i can't hear the ANC white noise. 

But what really disappoints me and I don't understand is why the first reviews about 1.3.2 are positive and now all there are negative (and each time more). It's obvious that a bad conspiracy about the ANC has been created in the forum since the version 1.2.10. As I said before, the diference about the ANC is that with 1.2.10 i can't feel the white noise and maybe this does that you can listen the noises a little more clearer, but the ANC is the same.  

QC35 they are a dreamly headphones: bluetooh with 20h battery-life, awesome sound, good ANC, confortable and durable construction materials, an app to have a better experience, firmware updates to add new interesting features (adjustable ANC),... I think that i can't ask for more, QC35 are practically a perfect headphones ever.

So only i can to thank Bose team engineers for manufacturing this jewel of technology and his hard works last months to launch this new and awesome 1.3.2 firmware version.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jfhey111
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 17, 2017

Re: I don't understand anything. QC35 ANC conspiracy?

Author Accepted Answer selected by bonjovi079519
I compared 1.0.6 and 1.3.2 ANC dB levels (in a crude way by putting my iphone headset mic in between ear & earcup).
Result: zero difference. I think Wirecutter(?) did a comparison as well, result: ANC in low frequencies (very) slightly BETTER.

I also compared my April 2017 1.3.2 with a stock 1.0.0 test model in an electronics store (manufactured beginning 2016- yes I connected it via bluetooth and checked).
Result: no noticeable difference in ANC.

I can however imagine that the 1.2.1 update messed up something that didn't get corrected in 1.3.2. I don't know, I skipped 1.2.1.

But it seems to me like the "changed ANC after October 2016" story is only a phantasy.

I guess that earcups losing their tight seal over time, and people getting used to ANC, might play a role in the subjective experience.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
powerslave
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 13, 2017

I've just changed the FW from 1.0.6 to the new one,and I'm glad I have done now.
I tend to use them more with the new FW.
I didn't like the ANC being on all the time.
But even when it is in Full the weird pressure feeling isn't has bad anymore.
Okay the anc may be slightly not has good,but only by a very small margin.
The low setting is good,has this stops wind noise a lot better than before.
One thing I would say if they could get rid of the white noise which you can hear usually for me at night when it's very quiet and nothing playing through the 35's,then they would be near perfect.
I think that all the noise cancelling cans have that to some degree.
They look good and sound good,was thinking off taking them back but I'm pretty sure I'll be keeping them now.
I've never really had any issues with bluetooth,I just make sure the cans are connected to just one device.

Ian
jfhey111
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 17, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by bonjovi079519
I compared 1.0.6 and 1.3.2 ANC dB levels (in a crude way by putting my iphone headset mic in between ear & earcup).
Result: zero difference. I think Wirecutter(?) did a comparison as well, result: ANC in low frequencies (very) slightly BETTER.

I also compared my April 2017 1.3.2 with a stock 1.0.0 test model in an electronics store (manufactured beginning 2016- yes I connected it via bluetooth and checked).
Result: no noticeable difference in ANC.

I can however imagine that the 1.2.1 update messed up something that didn't get corrected in 1.3.2. I don't know, I skipped 1.2.1.

But it seems to me like the "changed ANC after October 2016" story is only a phantasy.

I guess that earcups losing their tight seal over time, and people getting used to ANC, might play a role in the subjective experience.

View solution in original post