cloudvisual
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 18, 2019

I want to cry. Updated my QC35s

No idea why, but I had a feeling that my headphones could do with an update. I’ve had them since release and they were running firmware 1.05. I wear them almost every single day.

Updated and INSTANTLY knew there was a problem with the ANC. I went to this forum in the hope for an answer only to find out I’ve made a huge mistake. My headphones are not the same and I didn’t need a forum to influence my beliefs - I could tell the second I clicked them on that the noise cancelling wasn’t working the same, which is how I ended up finding out what a fool I had been.

I’m absolutely livid. And it was even more of an insult to read the replies from Bose on here to see them saying that the engineers haven’t touched the ANC - I CAN HEAR THINGS I COULDNT BEFORE!

God I wish I’d been on this forum to check what people said about updating. I feel like I’ve just ruined my headphones and thrown away my money.

The ultimate irony is that this will fall on deaf ears at Bose.

Rant over.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: I want to cry. Updated my QC35s

Hi cloudvisual,

Thanks for posting, I am so sorry to hear about your experience with your QC35. I would recommend that if you feel that your headphones are not functioning properly, for any reason to contact your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down to "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: I want to cry. Updated my QC35s

@cloudvisualI get your anger.  I have been reading about similar experiences here for the last few months.  Bose is not deaf on this imho (I do not work for Bose) - they just made a corporate decision that they will not support a firmware update to anything other than the current version.  So there is no software/updating way to go back.  The only option you have (assuming it is an option) is to find a pair of QC35s with the previous version and do an exchange.  If you do it with Bose, you may get back the same thing you sent.

People have been debating the pros and cons of the differences in ANC here for a very long time.  Whether one agrees with which one is better is a debate that may never get agreed to but what we all will agree to is that there is a difference between the two versions of firmware.

What suprises me - and I am not advocating this but I am suprised it has not yet been done - is a third party firmware update to the previous version.  I have another technology, for example - a dash cam and there is a non-OEM (manufacturer) who releases firmware for it (i.e., the older versions).