Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Intermittent bluetooth streaming issues (QC35, 1.2.10)

I'm not sure whether this is expected behaviour or a new / known potential defect with firmware 1.2.10 but I've noticed that I'm having consistent intermittent Bluetooth connectivity issues.

The fault manifests as a brief interruption in the audio stream, no longer than about 1-2 seconds. There's no distortion, everything goes silent during the interruption and then the stream continues.

Connectivity isn't lost between the headphones and the audio source during the interruption; as far as the devices are concerned they appear to remain paired. Equally, the movie / music continues to play during the interruption, indicating there's no break in the pairing.

It's happening about once or twice for every full hour of listening and is independent of location. It's happened to me in the office, on a plane, and at home.

Source devices are an iPhone 7 plus and an iPad Pro (large model). Bose App is 4.0 (installed on both devices) and firmware is 1.2.10.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: Intermittent bluetooth streaming issues (QC35, 1.2.10)

This is not just headphones, this is happening with my 10's

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2017

I had my QC35 running on 1.06 since the time I bought them without any issues and I love them. once I upgraded to 1.2.1 I had the same problem with sound interruption without losing the connection to my Apple TV. I never noticed any issues with the noise canceling, just the sound interruption. I downgraded to 1.06 about 5 days ago (when it became available from Bose) and never had that problem so far.

I don't know if they will address this issue in a new firmware very soon or they will be occupied with the replacement program they just started!!?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2017

I am also having this issue since last 3-4weeks. I bought my headphones only a month ago and have not used it a lot. But noticing this issue for around 2-3 weeks.
I am on 1.0.6 firmware currently and facing this intermittent disconnection for a second.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 23, 2017

Unfortunately, this appears to be a common issue with the QC35. 

Bose was offering a refund program, for several months after purchase, because of this, but that program is over.  The solution now appears to be to exchange your headphones for a replacement pair, which would imply that there has been a hardware update that has helped address this issue.

I am currently waiting on my exchange RMA, to do just that, after going through a few weeks of trouble shooting with Bose support.  If you haven't already, opening a trouble ticke with the support team, to determine whether this is the right remedy for you is the next step in getting a resolution.

For your sake, I hope it's a simple software problem, and they will walk you through various steps to see if that can be the source of a solution.  For me, none of the suggestions have solved it.