RichSad
Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

Is there a way to suppress the "disconnected from [device]"

I've searched and can't find an answer. I have Bose QC35. I listen to my iPhone 7, iPad Air 2, and MacBook Pro. When I am in my home office, one or both of the iOS devices are just at the edge of Bluetooth range. I'm sitting at my MacBook Pro listening to some music intently or watching a movie then I am constantly interrupted with "connected to" or "disconnected from" messages. I often have to go find the device and turn Bluetooth off (which kills my Apple Watch too) or explicitly disconnect from the headphones. OK, not the end of the world. But it is really annoying. What if I was willing to skip connection/disconnection messages in favor of not being interrupted while I am listening to something. If I'm sitting here at my computer and the iPhone is in another room I am not really concerned with whether my phone and the headphones are connected. 

I googled this and couldn't really find much information about the announcements. Perhaps another solution would be an option to only connect to devices with a strong, local bluetooth signal. After I connect I may walk around a bit, but I am always with the device that I am initially connecting to.

I've put up with this for quite some time. But nearly everytime I use these headphones at home I miss snippets of audio due to it connecting, then disconnecting sometimes to two other devices not in immediate proximity of the headphones. I'll just have to get used to locating all devices that connect regularly I guess. But I can't be the only person who is regularly annoyed or misses important audio due to these announcements that they have no control or way to dismiss.

1 REPLY 1
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Is there a way to suppress the "disconnected from [device]"

Hi RichSad!

I really appreciate you taking the time to post in the community, I completely understand your frustration, that would drive me crazy.  There is a way to disable the voice prompts so you don't have to listen to those notifications. Just download the Connect app on your iPhone and pair your QC 35s.  In the settings menu (which you can access at the top right of the app home screen) you can toggle voice prompts on and off, that should help. 

Please let me know how it goes?

I wish you and yours a peaceful and joyful holiday season, thanks for being a part of the community.

Take care,

Shiloh_C