Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michal M
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2019

Issues after a year QC35 II

Hi!

I bought the qc35 II around this time last year and after a few hickups they have been great. Now after a year of quite intensive use (around 4/5h a day on average) I have noticed some issues that were not there before. Firstly I have noticed that the right hinge is making squealing noises sometime and behaving strangely in general. The second major thing I noticed was the drops in Bluetooth connection. When connected to my iPhone 11 or my laptop the connection will drop for a few seconds and sometimes come back but I often just reset it because that’s quicker. Does anyone here have any suggestions on how to fix this or know if I scan get this repaired?

Merry christmas and thanks for reading

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_W

Re: Issues after a year QC35 II

Hello Michal M, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having some issues with your QC 35 II. I would love to help you to resolve them. 

We can start by trying some troubleshooting steps to resolve the connection issues.  Could you please try the following steps and let me know how you get on?

1. Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  2. Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.
  3. Clear the pairing list on the headphones. This can be done by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds or until you hear 'Bluetooth device list cleared'. 

In regards to the noise with the hinges, I would advise cleaning them and ensuring that there is nothing blocking the movement. If any other users have found any solutions for this, I would love to hear from you.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Michal M
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2019

Re: Issues after a year QC35 II

Hi, thanks for replying!

I will try resetting the pairing list when I get back home from traveling and will reply if that helps. Regarding the hinges, they are perfectly clean and non obstructed. It’s not really the hinges squeaking and more the plastic around. It seems the plastic is getting worn out on the right side after a year which is disappointing. Do you think this is enough to file a consumer complaint to Bose and request new headphones?