Issues using QC 35 II on Windows 10

Highlighted
ly
Silent Starter

Issues using QC 35 II on Windows 10

Hello, ever since I've got my pair of QC 35 II I had issues using it with my Windows 10.

Well, issues, kinda, let me explain:

Once connected to the pc (the bluetooth device on the pc is Asus USB-BT400 dongle, that I've never really had many issues with), there's a few weird things that happen.

First, the audio device is listed as this

nyah.png

Which is not a correct word in my language (Polish), it should be "Dźwięk Bluetooth". I'm assuming this is because of the fact it's using some generic audio driver?

Another thing is the fact that headphones will only connect properly to my pc when they're turned on before booting it, or if I delete them completely (not disconnect, unpair) from the pc and pair them again. It's also impossible to reconnect to the headset after I've turned it off while the PC was on, unless I unpair them. (It says it's connecting and never does anything)

That's not really all that convinient so I'd like to know if there's a better way of going about it.

While this is possibly an issue related to my usb dongle, it's kind of weird that a bluetooth controller (Xbox One) that I have works perfectly, with no issues and allows for a reconnect while the PC is on, while the headphones using the same dongle do not.

The headphones work fine otherwise, sound is good, and my phone does not have any of those issues while connecting to them. 

If possible, could you let me know of a good usb bluetooth dongle that I could use, that is 100% guaranteed to work with all headphone features (disconnect during use of PC, reconnect without re-pairing device...), I'd be willing to swap out mine if this is not a driver issue.

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Wistful Whiz

Re: Issues using QC 35 II on Windows 10

> it's kind of weird that a bluetooth controller (Xbox One) that I have works perfectly, with no issues and allows for a reconnect while the PC is on, while the headphones using the same dongle do not.

That's not weird for me at all.  BT is a two way communication with 'rules' for the protocol but does not dictate how it is to be implemented and there is no guarantee that one developer's 'idea' or 'intepretation' of those rules could some times be ambiguous (or of course, 'misinterpreted').  So a Dongle could work with some BT devices and not with others.

> The headphones work fine otherwise, sound is good, and my phone does not have any of those issues while connecting to them. If possible, could you let me know of a good usb bluetooth dongle that I could use, that is 100% guaranteed to work with all headphone features

I can't guarantee anything 100%.  I can just recommend what has worked for my Dell Precision M4800 (Win 7/64) laptop when others have not worked.  And BTW, Dongles come with support for specific driver sets normally (and not just support by Windows drivers).  Try SMK Nano with CSR drivers.  About $15 (US) on eBay.  If it works, great.  If not, its not much money....

Hello Ly,

Thank you for your comment and welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing some connection issues with your QC35 II Headphones. 

We would just like to confirm, do your headphones connect to a mobile device with any issues? 

Also, reiterating what @joelirwin has mentioned above. Different manufacturers can produce different protocols with their Bluetooth enabled devices, therefore this can cause some compatibility issues on occasion. 

Many Thanks,

Tegan M - Community Support  

ly
Silent Starter

Thank you for your replies.

Sorry about my lack of knowledge, I never really looked up much related to Bluetooth, and I don't claim to be an expert, which is why I asked for help.

Yes, the headphones work fine and all their features are available on my smartphone. (Disconnect, reconnect, calls, assistant etc.).

The two connection thing also works with the mentioned PC and smartphone, so once connected I don't need to worry about switching between devices.

I'm not sure about availability of that USB dongle in my country, but I'll look into it, in the meantime are there any others that are confirmed to work?