Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Issues with QuietComfort 35 II, switching from PC to phone

Hi,

Equipement:

1. QuietComfort 35
  2. PC running Windows 10
  3. Huawei running Android
  4. Bose application, which is up-to-date, firmware version 3.0.3.

I can switch from different devices fine (PC, Laptop, iPad...).

My default setting is having the headphones connected to my PC and phone.

But the issue arises when, say I'm watching a Youtube video on my PC, I get a text, so I hear the alert just fine, but then the headphone never go back to sourcing the sound from my PC.

So basically, it's working fine, I get a text or snap or whatever from my phone, so I get the sound notification, and that cuts all sounds from my PC, and never reverts back. 

I have to manually turn off the headphones, back on, for it to work back to normal. Until I get another text.

I noticed this concerns text notification (Snapchat...) sound alerts, but when I play a track on Spotify, the headphone switches to that sound source fine (the phone), and when I stop it goes back to sourcing from the PC, as it should.

It's weird, but annoying.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: Issues with QuietComfort 35 II, switching from PC to phone

Author Accepted Answer selected by Barraka

Hey @Barraka,

Thank you for your in-depth description - it helps greatly.

That does quite weird. When you get a message notification on your phone, have you tried pausing the Youtube video, then unpausing to play - to try and make your headphones focus on the video? Sometimes it requires some assistance knowing what source you'd like to listen to.

Also, what happens if you turn your phone to silent and go through the same process? Do you notice the headphones will still disconnect from your PC audio even if the notification is silent/just a vibration?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_F

Author Accepted Answer selected by Barraka

Hey @Barraka,

That does quite weird. When you get a message notification on your phone, have you tried pausing the Youtube video, then unpausing to play - to try and make your headphones focus on the video? Sometimes it requires some assistance knowing what source you'd like to listen to.

Also, what happens if you turn your phone to silent and go through the same process? Do you notice the headphones will still disconnect from your PC audio even if the notification is silent/just a vibration?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

jolly2258
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

@Sam_F wrote:

Hey @Barraka,

That does quite weird. When you get a message notification on your phone, have you tried pausing the Youtube video, then unpausing to play - to try and make your headphones focus on the video? Sometimes mcdvoice it requires some assistance knowing what source you'd like to listen to.

Plug your headphone to PC by USB cable. make your headphone "ready to pair" by pushing power switch to Bluetooth icon and hold. from Bluetooth setting click "Add Bluetooth or other devices", confirm it paired. to connect it to PC and start the enjoyment go to "Devices and Printers" from Bluetooth setting.

Quiet Comfort 35 II to PC

1. plug your headphone to PC by USB cable.
  2. make your headphone "ready to pair" by pushing power switch to Bluetooth icon and hold.
  3. from Bluetooth setting click "Add Bluetooth or other device", confirm it paired.
  4. to connect it to PC and start the enjoyment go to "Devices and Printers" from Bluetooth setting.

avensis
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Hi, thanks for your reply i will try it

Barraka
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your suggestion. And turns out, it does the trick. Pausing, or starting to play a youtube video switches the audio back to the PC, so that's pretty neat.

I realized that this "bug" was really when I am on a video game, so with constant sound. The app probably doesn't pick up that there's an ongoing sound stream.

Anyway, the issue is now resolved, thanks.