Highlighted
Jonno1964
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2019

Left Ear stopped working QC25

I have had these, as a gift to me, for about 2 years and no the left ear has stoppped working. Tried different devices and cables. Always left in their case.

Is this worth servicing? Or should I say that they are dead? If so Not impressed that they only lasted this long. I had another brand for may years prior. May have to try on of the other brands.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Left Ear stopped working QC25

Hi Jonno1964,

Thanks for posting. I would recommend contacting your local support team for help with that. Here is a link you can use. click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Scottyk1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Re: Left Ear stopped working QC25

Hi Jonno ... I have had the same issue at 3 years old. My left hand side stopped working for no apparent reason. Bose service have asked me to send the item in for repair ... $25 shipping and $189 to service !!! I'm in Australia and a new set of 25's can be picked up for just over $200. Due to being out of warranty that was the best they could offer.

Pretty crap for a near $400 item that lasted 3 years ... my much cheaper 10 year old  JVC headphones (sound quality not as good) are still fine .. go figure ... Bose quality? pfffttt.

I have now purchased a set of replacement speakers from Ebay for $45 and will fit myself ... probably last longer than the quality Bose product.

In the interim .. I have successfully got them working again ... using a piece of paper.

If the link below doesn't work ... search You Tube for 'Bose QC 25 headset - How to fix right side"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIDFvY_8184

Good luck with Bose Service ... hope alternate methods work out better ... and cheaper for you than any Bose option.