Highlighted
pols
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 18, 2019

Left ear does not play audio from computer only // Bose ® QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones

The left ear on my QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones does not have sound when I am playing audio from my laptop, however if I am playing audio from my smartphone everything's fine. I tried disconnnecting/connecting the device, as well as updating the firmware on the headphones. What else can I do..? Thanks  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Left ear does not play audio from computer only // Bose ® QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones

Hi Pols, 

thank you for your post and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue.

What operating system is your PC running currently? as this may help with troubleshooting.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

pols
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 18, 2019

Re: Left ear does not play audio from computer only // Bose ® QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones

Sure! Thanks for your quick message. 

My computer is running on macOS Mojave version 10.14.3.

Community Manager

Hi Pols, thank you for confirming this information.

As the issue is isolated to your Mac, ensure that the audio output for your headphones is set to both left and right channels. This can be done via System Preferences > Sound > Output > Select your QC 35 Headphones. Under "Balance", ensure that the slider is set in the middle, between both "Left" and "Right" settings for the headphones. Similar discussions can be found in a thread HERE.

Should this not resolve the issue, perform a product reset on your headphones. This can be done by: 

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

I look forward to hearing back from you with results.

Kind regards,

Andy B - Community Support