aplemen
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 12, 2018

Left side of QC25 completely stopped working

Has anyone had their left side of the QC25s completely stop working? No noise cancel or sound at all. Fiddled with the cable and nothing. I am past my one year warranty period so I think I may be screwed. You would think for headphones that are this expensive that they would last longer. I use mine lightly and have taken phenomenal care of them. This is kind of pathetic.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Left side of QC25 completely stopped working

Author Accepted Answer selected by aplemen

Hi Q6Bose,

Thanks for posting. I would recommend contacting your local Bose support using the link provided by @Shiloh_C.

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Hey there!

Welcome to the community, I'm glad that you reached out!

Based off of what you're describing I would recommend reaching out to customer support, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  

I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Please take the kindest care,

Shiloh - Community Support 

aplemen
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 12, 2018

Nope, I have contacted customer support but I imagine that since I have had my headphones over a year and are not under warranty that I am screwed. I took great care of my headphones. They were only ever used while traveling on an airplane and to watch my tablet while in bed. Pretty sad that with the care I gave them that they just stop working.

Q6Bose
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 27, 2018

Headed off to London and found same thing - left earpiece not working. Pressing on left earpiece creates static noise, to me indicating bad connection. About to take them apart... 

Author Accepted Answer selected by aplemen

Hi Q6Bose,

Thanks for posting. I would recommend contacting your local Bose support using the link provided by @Shiloh_C.

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Gasman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2018

I found on my bose free soundsport ear buds with my left one dropping out only outdoors. However if I put my metal rimmed glasses on the drop out on the left virtually resolved. Looks like my glasses are acting as a reflective surface 

@Shiloh_C wrote:

Hey there!

Welcome to the community, I'm glad that you reached out!

Based off of what you're describing I would recommend reaching out to customer support, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  

I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Please take the kindest care,

Shiloh - Community Support 

BUNK
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2018

I have the same exact experience.  I can even get quality sound occassionally.  

Gasman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2018

Moderator,Really a boilerplate response to a problem. Do you get paid by the quantity of responses because can’t be for the quality 

Nsumman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2018

Appears there is a common fault with the qc25. Had my left ear go, and it looks to be the adhesive used to keep the plastic membrane down. Major design flaw. Reading lots of forums and hundreds of people have this problem. Bose service is shocking and will charge you for a replacement even though they know it’s a common problem. My headphones are a paper weight now!