rawprouk
Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Mic not working QC35 II

I have a QC35ii headset paired with Huawei P30 Pro. 

The microphone hasnt worked for calls over Bluetooth for some time and I cannot get to the bottom of it! 

Calls route correctly and i can hear the caller, but they cannot hear me at all - i.e. no mic audio whatsoever.

Things I've tried:

- Reset sequence with USB cable

- Updating app (11.0.1)

- Updating to latest firmware (4.5.2)

- Clearing bluetooth list on the headphones

- Unpairing, then re-pairing headphones on the phone

I've researched everything I can about this issue but have exhausted all options I can find. 

Please can anyone help?? 

I really need to use my headphones for work-from-home calling. 

Thank-you

Ryan

3 REPLIES 3
rawprouk
Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Re: Mic not working QC35 II

Just tried connecting to my MacPro to test the mic.

Enclosing a recording of me tapping both sides of the headphone shells, and then counting down loudly from 10 to 5.

As you can hear, it's very, very quiet and the speech is barely registering.

Clearly something very wrong with the hardware or software controlling the hardware.

Reading some worrying reports of this being a long-standing issue that Bose is not dealing with. Anyone else had these issues?

Please help!!

Jeff_G

Hello rawprouk, 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your headphones.

I would recommend trying to re-update the headphones. You can do this by visiting this link on a computer. It might be worth downgrading to the previous firmware version, test to see if the issue persists, then re-update to 4.5.2. 

If after this you are still having problems, I would recommend reaching out to local support to discuss service. 

Thanks

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rawprouk
Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Thanks for your reply - 

I've been in touch with service and looks although they;re going to replace the unit.

Regards,

Ryan