Highlighted
Kornelius
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Microphone QC30 causing a lot background noise

Hey all,

I wasn't able to find the right topic for this. I purchased the QC30 a few weeks later and I am using them for listening music but more heavy I am using them for phone calls.

I connected it to my iPhone, iPad and laptop using the phone directly or Skype4Business / Teams / Facetime calls. The feedback was always the same; if I am talking, the people can understand me crystal clear and crisp and the ANC and sound is also very good for me. But I have to go on mute all the time, which is very annoying, because my microphone is picking up the noises from my background massive. Ofte other are breaking up based on this noises.

What can I do against this, w/o using mute all the time? With this issues, this expensive headphones are completely worthless to me.

2 REPLIES 2
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Microphone QC30 causing a lot background noise

Hi Kornelius, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to see you are having this issue.

I would suggest to reset our headphones to see if this may resolve the issue - Link. Alternatively performing an update to the headphones may help - Link

If you could try the above and let us know if this helps, i would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

grmedhat
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Re: Microphone QC30 causing a lot background noise

If your intent is to use them heavily with a phone then it appears you've bought the wrong type of headphone. What you have are headphones designed primarily for listening to music that can also take a few phone calls when needed. You need headphones that are designed for telephone use first, musical audio quality second. That type generally has better mics. The right tool for the job will give you better results.