Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nieder
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2017

Music Share for QC 35 and QC II

I purchased QC35 headphones about a year ago and was recently informed about Bose's Music Share capabilities via its app.  Therefore, I purchased the QC35 II's with the hope of sharing music and movies amongst the QC35 and the QC35 II.  All firmware has been updated on both headphones and I am using the most current app.  When I click the "Music Share" icon it goes to a window that has a rotating image on the right side with what appear to be my headphones on the right.  I click the continue icon on the bottom and it take me to another screen then has an iphone/ipad icon and a two headset icon with sonar blinking around them.  I click the "Get Started" button on the bottom and then I basically get an error screen saing "Don't see your Product"? and then a "1, 2, 3" instruction list.  Nothing I see to do makes any difference.  Why would a new product be unable to perform the music share feature?  This seemed like such an awesome idea and make zero sense.

26 REPLIES 26
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Music Share for QC 35 and QC II

Hi Nieder!

Thank you so much for reaching out to the community, I'm glad that you posted.  That is an excellent question, the reason why this functionality isn't working is that the QC35 II are not capable of sharing music, that is a feature that only the original QC35s has.  I apologize for the frustration.

Let me know if you need anything else?

I hope you have a great day,

Shiloh_c 

Nieder
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2017

Thank you for the response, so let me get this straight, Bose produced a new pair of headphones called the QC35 II, presumptively and improvement of some sort on the old ones (the QC35) and the removed a feature?  Thats makes no sense.  When you say that the QC35 II are "not capable of sharing music", is that a hardware thing or a software thing?  Basically, I want to know if I should be returning by QC35 II headphones and looking for the originals on the secondary market since Bose no longer sells the QC35 either.  I had no use for another pair of headphones but for my desire to be able to share music/movies etc. while on a plane.   If this is something Bose can fix with a software or firmware update then great but I'm simply baffled as to why they would remove a feature.  Thank you.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Nieder,

You are correct, that feature was removed for the QC35 II. I believe that it is a software issue, but let me get you a more of an answer for you on this, I will keep you posted as I get more information.

Thank you kindly,

Shiloh_C 

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi Neider,

I have an update for you - we can confirm that we are working on implimenting the Music Sharing feature in the QC35 II!  We do not have an exact timeline for you yet but we will let you know as soon as we have some more information.  Thank you kindly for your time and requests, they were certainly heard!

Thanks for choosing Bose and have a wonderful day,

Shiloh_C

Nieder
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2017

That is great news.  Thank you very much.  I will keep looking.

new to Bose
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2017

Dear Shiloh_C; 

Thank you for your update! 
I am crossing my fingers and waiting for an update with high hopes! 

Good luck to the team with the software implementation... 

msvicak
Participant
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

This is great news.  Like others in this discussion, my boyfriend and I each bought a pair of the QC II to use during long flights. We wanted to avoid wires and a shared headphone jack on an iPad.  We were very disappointed to learn the Music Share feature did not work with these very expensive headphones.  Looking forward to the announcement of the software update and release.

Matthijst
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

Same here.

Happy it will get updated.

jamesgjm
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 9, 2017

Thumbs down for Bose to Missing Music Share on QC 35 II.

But looking forward for the update asap.