Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jii
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 22, 2017

Music Share sound lag (QC35 1.3.2 and SoundSport Wireless 1.3.0)

Hi Bose,

I'm starting a new topic, since I currently don't have any problems with audio sync when connected to either iPad Pro 9.7 or iPhone 7 Plus, both with iOS 10.3.2 installed. I can watch for example Netflix with one pair of headphones no problem, with no noticeable audio lag (other people are describing audio lag connected to one device for example here https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/QC35-Firmware-1-3-2-lag/m-p/57045 and here https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/QC35-Bluetooth-Audio-Increased-Delay-Lag-Since-1-2...).

My problem, however, occurs when using the Music Share feature. When enabled and both headphones connected to one of my devices through Music Share, there is a significant lag in audio. Is this something you're still working on, or a limitation of the music share feature (thus named MUSIC share, not audio share)?

Joonas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Music Share sound lag (QC35 1.3.2 and SoundSport Wireless 1.3.0)

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jii

Jii

Thank you for the post. We appreciate the contribution. You are correct, a lag is normal while using Music Share. When you use Music Share the first headset  has to rebroadcast to the other headset so there are two stages where Bluetooth can inject lag.

Hope that helped

Tony

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Music Share sound lag (QC35 1.3.2 and SoundSport Wireless 1.3.0)

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jii

Jii

Thank you for the post. We appreciate the contribution. You are correct, a lag is normal while using Music Share. When you use Music Share the first headset  has to rebroadcast to the other headset so there are two stages where Bluetooth can inject lag.

Hope that helped

Tony