Unavoidable83
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2017

My Bose soundsport 2 headphones won't charge properly

Hello,

My headphones will instantly say charge and then lose all power as soon as 15 mins.  I will leave it charged all night and it still won't hold its charge.  I've updated the firmware and tried all of the suggestions I've seen. This is the second pair of headphones I have. The first pair were falling apart. not these won't charge.

3 REPLIES 3
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: My Bose soundsport 2 headphones won't charge properly

Hi Unavoidabe83,

Welcome to the community, we're glad to see you here.  To clarify - which headphones do you have?  It sounds like the SoundSport Wireless so the troubleshooting steps I discuss below will be related to the Wireless headphones.

If you haven't already, I would give a reset of the headphones a try, here are the steps:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If the reset doesn't help I would suggest reaching out to customer support here, just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  When you speak with support they will be able to provide information on your available options.  

Come back and give me an update if you can?

Thanks so much,

Shiloh_C 

Aprabowo84
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

I think something wrong with update, mine get same problem yesterday. It wouldn't turn on and cant charge. The battery light indicator is not showing. Bose should responsible regarding this issue.
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello @Aprabowo84 sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind navigating to btu.bose.com and attempt to update your headset? If the issue still persists, we encourage you to reach out to your local Bose Support for further assistance. They would be more than happy to help you and discuss any available exchange options. Here is a link to get contact info in case you need it. 

Let me know how everything goes!

Thank you,

Mohsin