Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

My QC-35 I connect as two different devices in Windows 10

I can pair my QC-35 I headphones to my computer and my iphone just fine. But when I connect my headphones to my computer the audo spilts into 2 seperate "devices". I can pick from a Headset- "hands-free" or a Headphone- "Stereo". When I switch between these two option the audio changes and what I can do with my headphones as well ( with the headset I can't listen to music). My connection works fine on my phone but for some reason I can not connect properly with my computer. I have tried deleting the device and restarting but it just reinstalls the next time I pair as two devices.

Thanks for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Re: My QC-35 I connect as two different devices in Windows 10

I’m having the same problem on my device. My Bose QC 35 2 is split i to two connections. One called domino which is the device name. And one called LE-domino. What is the reason for this?
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I don't work for Bose but here is what is going on.  Bluetooth operates on two 'protocols'.  One is called HFP and is designed for phone conversations.  It works in Mono.  So in your car for example, if you make a call you hear the conversation through a single speaker normally on the drivers side.  The other protocol is A2DP which what is used to provide a stereo audio stream for music and other audio applications.  So when you pair your Bose device, you get two entities.  Things generally work pretty well for smartphones because that imho is Bose's target market.  Things don't always work that well with computers.  I can't speak for Apple Mac's but I have a Dell desktop and laptop.  Now I use windows 7/64 for my business but the issues seem to be the same for Windows 10.  The situation is complicated because there are so many different vendors/hardware solutions on the computers that implement Bluetooth on the other end.  My laptop, for example, comes from Dell but the bluetooth implementation/hardware comes from Intel and it flat out has been giving me (and others here) problems with all my Bose devices since day one.

One of the scenarios is that you may find the HFP headset (Windows 7 calls it 'hand free audio') 'online' but the A2DP stereo (windows 7 calls it 'audio renderer') 'offline'.  So you end up solely with mono sound.  In my case, it was even worse, I couldn't even pair my devices - they would not show up as discovered.

There is some things you can try, though I doubt your computer vendor, the bluetooth hardware vendor, or Bose will give you much assistance.  I still have Dell working my issue after hours of troubleshooting but they have gotten nowhere with Intel.

Aside from the standard troubleshooting which means removing all your bluetooth devices from your computer and factory resetting your Bose devices,

1. You can try uninstall your computers bluetooth drivers and reinstalling them.  Then you can try a new version of the drivers or some of the older versions back say 2 to 3 years.  As long as they support Bluetooth version 4, 4.1, or 4.2.

2. Sometimes Windows updates intefere with Bluetooth.  Intel, for example, mentions to in particular on its bluetooth web site you can try to uninstall.  Then you can also uninstall windows updates back at least 2 or 3 years to see if that help.

If all of the above does not help, do not give up.  It really isn't a Bose product issue - its your bluetooth implmentation on your computer.  It comes time to give up and disable the bluetooth hardware (that is very important to do before proceeding).  Go try another bluetooth solution.  The easiest are USB solutions.  They don't all work.  I can just say what works for my desktop and laptop.  For $12 on ebay - perhaps a bit more on Amazon - I purchased an SMK Nano USB Dongle with the CSR stack.  All my Bose products that didn't work with Intel work with SMK on both machines.  After I pair, I have to disconnect in the Bose Connect app then reconnect and both the HFP and A2DP devices play fine for both music and phone calls.  Once it stopped work and I uninstalled CSR drivers and reinstalled and repaired and it worked fine.   I was even able to get Party/Stereo mode to work on my Revolves which others have had issues with.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@UnspokenThis is actually something different  from my other response.  I saw this happening on my phone alot but not for the QC 35ii but for my Revolves.  I called Bose on this and the answer I received was just to merely ignore any device that shows up with the "LE - " prefix especially since I have not defined or paired it.  It actually part of the same device without the "LE - " prefix and has to do with the functions (as I understand it) that the device performs with regards to it use of the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) industry standard protocols.  In the case of the Revolve - it issues a BLE signal all the time even when you think you have turned it off.  The QC35ii however, does not emit a BLE signal when off - only when on.  I can't say for sure what the QC35i does with BLE when OFF since I don't have one any more to test.  You can install a free app on your smartphone to see what puts out a BLE signal.  On my iPhone 7+ I use "BLE Finder" and "BLE Scanner"