My Quiet Comfort 35 and apple magic mouse cannot connect at the same time to my MacBook Pro 2015

Silent Starter

My Quiet Comfort 35 and apple magic mouse cannot connect at the same time to my MacBook Pro 2015

My QC35 keeps disconnecting my magic mouse from my MacBook pro (with Sierra). It looks like my QC also disrupts other people's apple mouses in the office. 

Tried to disconnect, factory reset and to add them to my MacBook again, but to no avail.

All devices are on the latest version of their firmware.

This is super annoying, are you guys (Bose) working on a solution?

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: My Quiet Comfort 35 and apple magic mouse cannot connect at the same time to my MacBook Pro 2015

Matthew,

Thanks for the question. Could we ask do the headsets function properly when paired to another device like a cell phone or tablet?  

As always, if you feel the issue is with your headphones you can contact your local Bose support. HERE is a link you can use. Click on your country, Scroll down to "Contact us"

Let us know

Tony

Silent Starter

Re: My Quiet Comfort 35 and apple magic mouse cannot connect at the same time to my MacBook Pro 2015

Hi Tony, thanks for responding!

In answer to your question: To my phone; yes. I am very happy with it. Sometimes when it is connected to my macbook and phone and I stop the sound of my mb and start playing from iPhone, the iphone sound only comes through when I disconnect the Bose connection from my mb. This is at home, when I am not using my apple keyboard and mouse (newest generation).

Silent Starter

I am experiencing the same thing. Bought a 2016 (latest model) 15" Macbook Pro with TouchBar and a Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Keyboard (name?) for it. When I use the mouse and keyboard - no problems. Introducing the QC35's I experienced insane cutouts - 20x per song - so I returned the headphones and got a new pair.

Before purchasing, I actually brought my computer to the store to test everthing out. No issue.

Go home and pair with my laptop which is also now connected to the mouse and keyboard - problem is BACK!

After much playing around, skipping goes to nearly ZERO when I remove the bluetooth mouse and use a different mouse (using a cheap Logitech usb wireless). Unfortunately, I'd rather keep the magic mouse 2 because it works so well, has rechargable batteries, and is very small and highly functional for the MBP but now I'm considering selling - or waiting until the bluetooth technology on the MBP or Bose QC35's play more nicely with the other devices.

No amount of pairing or unpairing, etc. seems to do the trick. This does help, however, for an unrelated problem where I'm listening to Spotify on my MBP with the QC35's and then want to watch a youtube video. I pause the music and high play on youtube but hear NOTHING. I either futs around with pairing of the QC35's or I can not unpause the music but turn it down to 0% volume. Both seem to do the trick but are annoying.

For a $2,400 laptop and $350 headphones it's a little disappointing they aren't as harmonious as one would expect for the money.