My phone is interrupting my PC audio connected to Bose QC35

Highlighted
Silent Starter

My phone is interrupting my PC audio connected to Bose QC35

So I have both my PC (running Windows 10 Pro) and Phone (Google Pxel 2 XL running Android 9.0) connected to my Bose QC35 (first gen) and recently I've been having issues with my audio:

I would normally be watching a show on my PC but when I receive a notification on my phone, the audio from PC gets muted and the audio transfers to the phone. This is not the functionality of the headphones as far as I can tell. And it wasn't happening like this before. From the guide posted by Bose, to switch audio the audio needs to be paused from one device first and then payed on the other device, but this is not what is happening with me.

I've tried clearing my paired devices and did the restart method as well to no avail.

5 REPLIES

Re: My phone is interrupting my PC audio connected to Bose QC35

Hi Rashidalawadi,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! This is interesting. You mention that this behavior is new? Did anything change in your setup prior to this behavior?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to gather as much information as possible to assist.

Please come back and let us know.

Tony G - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

My phone will always take priority for incoming calls. The headphones will ring over my computer audio.

Perhaps the headphones are considering these notifications to be equivalent priority to phone calls. Does it still happen if your phone is on vibrate? I find my headphones will still play notification sounds if my phone is on silent or do not disturb, but won't if on vibrate.

On a side note, do you experience any audio lag when using your QC35s on pc?

Silent Starter

No I wouldn't say it's new per se. As it used to happen for a short while and then disappear for good. But now it seems like it's not going away. And no I haven't changed anything as far I can recall. 

I just wish there was a priority option where one device would take precedence over the other.

Silent Starter

Ya the phone should take priority during calls but that's it, it shouldn't take over during notifications! It's very annoying. And no it doesn't happen when it's on vibrate as there is no sound coming from the phone.

And no I have no issues with lag on my PC.

Hi Rashidalawadi

Thanks for the update!

This is actually normal operation.  The headset will prioritize the HFP (hands free profile) over A2DP (stereo audio) when it comes to connecting multiple devices.  My best recommendation is to temporarily turn off notifications on the mobile device while streaming video over the PC.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A