kchapple
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2018

My wireless earbuds stop working when I'm laying out in the sun after about 10 minutes?

7 REPLIES 7
kchapple
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2018

Re: My wireless earbuds stop working when I'm laying out in the sun after about 10 minutes?

Also have problem with left one dropping and them saying they are 100% and then stop working after an hour or so indoor.

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: My wireless earbuds stop working when I'm laying out in the sun after about 10 minutes?

Hello kchapple!

Thank you for reaching out to us here. We certainly want to help you here, can you tell us which headphones you have? 

Let us know when you get the chance.

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Patcap79
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

Mine do as well. I can report that the left one goes first then the right after a few minutes in the sun. At The gym they last for hours. These are the wireless earbuds that come with the charging case purchased in 2018.
Patcap79
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

Bose® - SoundSport® Free wireless headphones - Black
Model: BOSE SOUNDSPORT FREE WRLS HDPHSKU: 5876110
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Patcap79,

Thanks for posting. I would first make sure that your headphones software is up to date using the Bose connect app or by going to btu.bose.com. The operating temperature of the SoundSport Free is 5 °F to 122 °F (-15 °C to 50 °C). 

If updating doesn't help, you can also reach out to your local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Patcap79
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

Tony, the app says "Your Product is up to date". I am not the only user reporting the same issue. Sounds like a bug. You or anyone at Bose can easily reproduce by laying in the sun for 20 minutes using the product connected to an android or iOS device and streaming media.
surekill
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2018

I've had exactly the same issue with my Soundsport Free, I can sit outside for 20 minutes and suddenly the left ear switches off..

So now I have no choice but to switch back to the Sportsport Wireless if I'm out in the sunshine as they work flawlessly, but not the Soundsport Free. For me it's always the left ear which switches off and the right ear continues to play the music fine..

Glad it's not just me!

Rob