Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DE BARROS
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2020

N700 Power

Good day,

I have N700 earphones purchased in late February in Heathrow.

I have been using it in Mozambique, where I live and it has been working well until yesterday.

While jogging yesterday, I met some some friends and I just removed it from my head and rested it on my neck-shoudelrs for a while (aboutn15 minutes). When I left the friends I put it back it I was not working. It did power on but did not proceed with (re)connection with my (i)Phone. I tried to restart a couple times and it didn´t. The blue light would come on, blink and off. Before that the battery level was about 16 hours.

While at home I put it back to the computer to charge it (blue light was flashing) and after a couple of minutes (15-20) when I picked it to test it, I noticed that the charging port area was hot (more than usual) and I stopped trying anything else. On teh day before I charged it on my internet modem usb port, as I did for days earlier.

I tried to reach both the shop and boss in UK with no success, eventually due to the current lockdown.

Please assist on what could be the proble and possible troubleshooting or if I just have to wait for the time to send it back for repair.

Thanks,

Sergio 

4 REPLIES 4
Hector_B

Re: N700 Power

Hello De Barros, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your NCH700's. 

Let's attempt to perform a reset on the headset by following these steps below: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

I would also recommend that you perform an update on the headset by connecting it to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please head to our online updater and follow the on-screen instructions. 

If the headsets charging port becomes hot again please do not use the headset and reach out to us via any of the contact methods listed here.

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DE BARROS
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2020

God day,

I tried to reset the headphones as instructed with no success.

I also tried to update the software (managed to dowload it) but my computer wouldn't read the headphones.

P.S. When connected to the computer, the bluethoot light blinks once or twice and remains dimmed for a while. More: If I connected to non-powered usb port the charing port does not overheat.

Note: I had the software dowloaded into my iPhone but it also stopped readuing the headphones since I began experiencing the problem.

What should I try or do next?

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us!

At this point, I would recommend getting in contact with the team using the contact details in @Hector_B's post. One of our agents will be more than happy to help you! 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DE BARROS
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2020

N700 Power Issues

Hi Hector B, I was forwarded to you for support with my N700 Headphones. Please see the historic below, and advise. ------ I have N700 earphones purchased in late February in Heathrow. I have been using it in Mozambique, where I live and it has been working well until yesterday. While jogging yesterday, I met some some friends and I just removed it from my head and rested it on my neck-shoudelrs for a while (aboutn15 minutes). When I left the friends I put it back it I was not working. It did power on but did not proceed with (re)connection with my (i)Phone. I tried to restart a couple times and it didn´t. The blue light would come on, blink and off. Before that the battery level was about 16 hours. While at home I put it back to the computer to charge it (blue light was flashing) and after a couple of minutes (15-20) when I picked it to test it, I noticed that the charging port area was hot (more than usual) and I stopped trying anything else. On teh day before I charged it on my internet modem usb port, as I did for days earlier. I tried to reach both the shop and boss in UK with no success, eventually due to the current lockdown. ------ Hello De Barros, Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your NCH700's. Let's attempt to perform a reset on the headset by following these steps below: •Disconnect all cables from your headphones •Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on •On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice •Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds. I would also recommend that you perform an update on the headset by connecting it to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please head to our online updater and follow the on-screen instructions. If the headsets charging port becomes hot again please do not use the headset and reach out to us via any of the contact methods listed here. We look forward to hearing back from you. //// God day, I tried to reset the headphones as instructed with no success. I also tried to update the software (managed to dowload it) but my computer wouldn't read the headphones. P.S. When connected to the computer, the bluethoot light blinks once or twice and remains dimmed for a while. More: If I connected to non-powered usb port the charing port does not overheat. Note: I had the software dowloaded into my iPhone but it also stopped readuing the headphones since I began experiencing the problem. What should I try or do next? ////// Thanks for coming back to us! At this point, I would recommend getting in contact with the team using the contact details in @Hector_B's post. One of our agents will be more than happy to help you! If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again! ----- https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/N700-Power/m-p/290853#M57789 And this is how far I managed to get. Please assist.