Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2019

NC 700 Questions

Hi all, 

Firstly, I am brand new here so may not follow all courtesies in this post - my apologies in advance.

Secondly, I have searched high and low on the forum and cannot find answers to my following questions.

So, I am looking at buying a pair of the NC 700 headphones, upgrading from QC35 series 1. However, I cannot find anything on where the NFC chip is positioned on the new model, and cannot imagine this fantastic feature would've been removed.

Secondly, while searching for a manual on the main site, I came across an option for 'Soapstone' coloured NC 700s... Will these be released soon, and will they be available in the UK?

Many thanks

A Hippo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: NC 700 Questions

Author Accepted Answer selected by A Hippopotamus

Hello A Hippo, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

Your post is perfect, please do not worry. I am sorry but the Noise Canceling 700 headphones do not support NFC. They do, however, support HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRCP, BLE. 

In regards to the color, I have not heard of a SoapStone, so I would not be able to confirm any details of this at this time. 

I am sorry that I am unable to be of more help. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2019

Be aware of a design feature of the phones! If you do not move for 10 mins, they cut off with an annoying chime. So they are completely useless for sleeping,meditating,travelling on a plane or train. There is no indication of this feature in the ads. Bose are aware of it ( read other blogs) but there has been no update or date for an update since their launch. Please read other blogs before deciding to buy!!! Apart from that they are great headphones.

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by A Hippopotamus

Hello A Hippo, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

Your post is perfect, please do not worry. I am sorry but the Noise Canceling 700 headphones do not support NFC. They do, however, support HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRCP, BLE. 

In regards to the color, I have not heard of a SoapStone, so I would not be able to confirm any details of this at this time. 

I am sorry that I am unable to be of more help. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2019

Hi Vicky,

Thank you for your reply. It's a shame to hear NFC is not supported, but I'm sure Bluetooth 5.0 will still allow for swift pairing. 

Below is the link to the Bose US website on which I noticed the third colour option:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/products/bose_headphones_support/bose_around_ear_headphones_suppo...

I understand you can't comment when you have no details, however I thought I'd bring it to your attention nonetheless. 

Thanks again for your help.

A Hippo