TBag
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

Re: NCH 700: Ability to disable auto off when no motion is detected?

I chatted with support on this and seems there's no option but to return or keep and deal with it at this time.   The manual indicates it is a battery saving feature.   I returned my set of 700's and will continue on with my QC35-I's.   I'd repurchase the 700's if they remove this "feature" or at least allow the owner to disable it with a firmware or other future upgrade.  

Pmdaandiego
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Exact same issue, support went through re loading the firmware, nothing helped.  They sent me a replacement set of headphones SAME ISSUE!!!!.  THEY TURN OFF AFTER TEN MINUTES OF NO MOTION REGARDLESS OF HAVING THEM SET TO NEVER.  I purchased these to try and sleep on airplanes,  Thanks a lot Bose, I now have a $400 pair of paperweights; completely useless.  I suppose it’s not possible to get a refund?  Buy a pair of FUNCTIONING headphones like Sony or Seinheiser?  No, probably not.  Long time Bose customer is now completely disgusted.   

E_Colorado
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

Please do pass it on to the development team, it would be wonderful if this could become an option in a future firmware update!

To add my little anecdote, I use these headphones in long video conferences, and when I return to a meeting after a 15+ minute break, people see me sit down and put on my headphones, and they start talking to me, but I can't hear them because my heapdhones went auto-off, so I frantically have to fiddle with the bluetooth connection (which can be especially tricky in Windows 10). I feel like I'm being rude every time it happens.

Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed that this feature does exist! Kudos to Bose engineers for pulling it off. Just please make the feature optional, for those of us who don't want to appear rude when returning to long phone calls/conferences 🙂

Pmdaandiego
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Hey Bose, I really hope you're listening.  I just got off tech support and am getting my SECOND replacement for this issue.  The serial number is:  [Moderated by Moderator]    And from the size of this thread, it is obviously not an isolated incident.  My guess is a LOT of customers just haven't noticed it yet because they have not been motionless for enough time to have it power down.  Or, maybe I'm just really lucky and got TWO bad units in a row (doubtful).  This is upsetting a lot of customers, a lot of formally devoted Bose customers.  I am an Engineer myself and have no doubt  this could be fixed with the next firmware upgrade.  My advice is DO IT QUICKLY. 

Croftdj22
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

I have been waiting for an answer before I return them however I have not gotten one yet the only thing that I was told is it I’ll swap them out and give me a new pair however I don’t think that this is going to be an issue fixed by a new pair I believe it has to do with the app and the firmware which they’re not updating as of now which is sad because I really do like these headphones but I am willing to switch to the Sony m3 because of this problem......  Who makes a headphone that turns off after 10 minutes of inactivity and no way to turn that off so if you’re on a plane and you does off basically your headphones will turn off on you .

The slow response from Bose is very concerning

matt4211
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Mine have also shut down by themselves. I was lying down relaxing to some nice music, then a while later, shut down sound and the headphones turned off. This is really disapointing. I like to relax to music and now it gets shut off. Please fix soon, I'm unhappy about this. Very expensive headphones and they just turn themselves off. Sad...

Srandall25
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Same issue here. I thought I could use these to sleep. But when sleeping after 10 minutes of not moving they shutdown. The auto off setting is set to NEVER. Makes no difference. Crazy. Want to sleep with noise cancellation? Too bad. What’s the point of these?

Hector_B

Hi Scruffy Puppy, 

Thanks for posting and your patience regarding this issue. 

I have passed this information onto the development team who want to know a little more information on this issue. Could you please answer the following: 

1. Does the headset power off while on phone calls via a cellular network or when making a VOIP call using skype? 
  2. What software version are the headphones running?
  3. Are you standing up or lying down when the headset shuts off?
  4. Is your headset “auto-off timer” is set to “never”?
  5. What source are you connected to when the issue occurs? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Hector_B

Hi All, 

I have passed this information onto the development team who want to know a little more information on this issue. Could you please answer the following: 

1. Does the headset power off while on phone calls via a cellular network or when making a VOIP call using skype? 
  2. What software version are the headphones running?
  3. Are you standing up or lying down when the headset shuts off?
  4. Is your headset “auto-off timer” is set to “never”?
  5. What source are you connected to when the issue occurs? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
E_Colorado
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

Hi Hector B, here are my answers:

1. The headset powers off while I'm in a VOIP video call using Microsoft Teams (similar to Skype).

2. 1.1.4 (current version)

3. The headphones are laying flat on a table when they shut off.

4. Yes, the "auto-off" timer is set to "never".

5. I am connected to a PC via Bluetooth 4.0 when the issue occurs.