Hector_B

Re: NCH 700: Ability to disable auto off when no motion is detected?

Hi E_Colorado, 

Thanks for posting and sharing this information with me. 

I have forwarded this on and would love to hear from other users. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
GKman
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 23, 2019

This bugs the heck out of me.. I put them down on my desk come back and they have turned off. I frequently have to step away for about the ten minute threshold and find they have turned off. Definitely will drive me nuts having to turn them back on time after time. I would much rather have them stay on the way the QC 35's did for me for years...

Hector_B

Hi GKman, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Could you please answer the questions above so that I can forward this information onto our development team to investigate further? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
GKman
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 23, 2019

Thanks for the quick response
1. Does the headset power off while on phone calls via a cellular network or when making a VOIP call using skype? Hardly ever use it for phone calls so don't know
2. What software version are the headphones running? Firmware 1.1.4.1144.be3bf4b
3. Are you standing up or lying down when the headset shuts off? I am setting them down on my desk and walking away for 10-20 minutes
4. Is your headset “auto-off timer” is set to “never”? Yes
5.What source are you connected to when the issue occurs? My phone and computer 
I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this!

Hector_B

Hi GKman, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this.

I have forwarded this information onto the team and would encourage any other users that are also having this issue to come forward and let us know the answer to the questions above. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Onymar
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Same issues as others, don’t mind about power off when on a table, but when worn and upright as on a flight, then the nc700’s should not auto power off. 

1. Does the headset power off while on phone calls via a cellular network or when making a VOIP call using skype? Not used long enough to determine is this the case
2. What software version are the headphones running? Firmware 1.1.4 (latest)
3. Are you standing up or lying down when the headset shuts off? Sitting up with Bluetooth off to simulate sleeping while flying
4. Is your headset “auto-off timer” is set to “never”? Yes
5.What source are you connected to when the issue occurs? Bluetooth off for noise cancellation  

Hector_B

Hi Onymar, 

Thanks for posting and providing me with this feedback.

I have forwarded this information onto the team and will update this thread as soon as I know more.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

ScruffyPuppy
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

1.  Does the headset power off while on phone calls via a cellular network or when making a VOIP call using skype? I've had this happen on VOIP calls if the headset is still for 10 minutes. I haven't used it long enough on a cellular network phone call. 
2. What software version are the headphones running? Firmware 1.1.4.1144.be3bf4b
3. Are you standing up or lying down when the headset shuts off? I set them down on my desk and walked away for 10 minutes. This has also happened if I am wearing them sitting at my desk. 
4. Is your headset “auto-off timer” is set to “never”? Yes
5. What source are you connected to when the issue occurs? Windows 10 computer

Hector_B

Hi ScruffyPuppy

Thanks for posting and providing me with this feedback.

I have forwarded this information onto the team and will update this thread as soon as I know more.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

matt4211
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

1. They power off when playing music. Did not try phone calls.

2. Software is latest as of July 18 2019

3. Lying down

4. Auto Off is set to "Never"

5. Source is a Samsung Galaxy S10+