Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: NCH 700: Ability to disable auto off when no motion is detected?

Hello matt4211,

Thanks for posting this information, it is very helpful; I will pass this information on for you.

Should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

jrhilburn
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

1. I've only tried calls once (for about 10in) and that worked fine.

2. Firmware (current version)= 1.1.4.1144.be3bf4b

3. Laying down

4.yes, set to "never"

5.connected to my phone (Pixel 3XL) Happens listening to spotify or Audible. 

Hector_B

Hi Jrhilburn, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

I have forwarded this information on for you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
npete
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

It's clear, Bose does not understand how people use headphones. I have been sleeping with headphones pretty much forever just out of convenience but now I absolutely need them to sleep. I am such a light sleeper that I need NC headphones or I will wake up with the slightest sound. This is totally a deal breaker and if I had known this was a feature that existed, I would not have purchased these. I mean, a "battery saver"?? Why do you need a battery saver when your battery lasts 75% of the day?!? Who ever dreamed this up?!? What do people do with them on planes?

The best part of this is that when they shut down the noise letting you know they are shutting down is this loud chord from a stringed instrument. It woke me up every time it happened last night (and I only get them yesterday. So it auto shuts off with no movement but makes a loud noise so the whole reason I *need* them is counteracted. PLEASE UPDATE THE FIRMWARE/SOFTWARE! This should be an easy fix. Do it ASAP. Please.

TheVTCguy
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Another exeptionally well-stated description of the issue from Pete, thank you sir for adding to our growing list of unsatisfied customers suffering from the same PROBLEM/ISSUE/DEFECT with the new 700s.  The sad part is, Bose has obviously chosen to ignore their loyal customer base.  I plan on making this issue as widely known through social media as possible about the complete lack of response from Bose, and have purchased the competitor’s product (Sony) which (Suprise!) do not have this defect.  So long Bose, what a shame for some reason you have ignored an obvious and serious deficiency in your product and have basically left all us customers with expensive paper weights.  Thank you again Peter, I am not sure much more can be said on this subject.  I will be logging off this forum, returning my Bose and have already started enjoyong my Sonys.  

Hector_B

Hi Npete and TheVTCguy, 

Thank you both for posting and contributing to this thread. As stated above this is something that is being looked into.

Could you please answer the following so we can have a little more information on this: 

• Does the headset power off while on phone calls via a cellular network or when making a VOIP call using skype? 
  • What software version are the headphones running?
  • Are you standing up or lying down when the headset shuts off?
  • Is your headset “auto-off timer” is set to “never”?
  • What source are you connected to when the issue occurs? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
dude15000
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

These headphones are a joke. You should be embarrassed releasing a product with this many flaws.

Pmdaandiego
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Sure Hector, since this is my 3RD set of headphones, (three, THIRD) and nothing is different, including the problem, I don’t know why I waste my time, did you READ my last two answers to your questions?  

Oh, I see you deleted all my posts complaining about Bose lack of attention to their customers, THAT is why you are asking me the same set of questions for the third time....    As I’m sure you will delete this one as well.  I’m done, no longer a Bose customer so I am not going to waste anymore of my time.  

ScruffyPuppy
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Despite this flaw, I'd like to inquire what the purpose of the auto off setting is in the app. If this setting is configurable to never or a set time, what is its purpose if the 10 minute no motion timer overrides this? It seems that the setting will never be used because of the way the 10 minute auto off works. The auto off due to no motion should be able to be disabled or set longer by the same setting. 

matt4211
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Bose,

Please disable this feature all together until it can be properly implemented with user control. How can we use a product that shuts it's self off? 

Thanks,

Matt